Split Screen

Help for the new Rogue Tools GUI
TheMOD
Intermediate Botter

I'm still getting that split screen that someone mentioned before. Just wondering if there was a fix to this yet and what it was. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deatheye
Advanced Botter

I have not solved that till now. Just tested the newest graphics drivers. Problem is still the same.
zanmoto
Helpfull Botter

Please please fix this issue, I cannot enjoy any of the new programs because of this.

THANKS!
t0xIc
Pro Botter

zanmoto wrote:Please please fix this issue, I cannot enjoy any of the new programs because of this.

THANKS!
If you ever ask for something like that again, I swear to god I will find you and bitch slap the shit out of you. Seriously.

I'm wondering what this problem is, just recently started happening to me, my face like turns the wrong way and big lines go accross the screen, I'm almost wondering if

A.) SE broke the windower (again.)
B.) If they are scanning you on player side, which really scares me.
zanmoto
Helpfull Botter

hey at least I got some attention brought back to this thread [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_07.gif" alt="/:E" title="Busted Smile" />

Really though I haven't used any of Burnersware because of this issue, my windower works fine without it. If SE is scanning players thats a real scary issue. Anyway let the bitch slapping commence!
t0xIc
Pro Botter

You think that is SE scanning? I always worried this, windower works alright though?
zanmoto
Helpfull Botter

Ya my windower works fine without Burnersware, but when I run Burners I get that split screen. Can they really scan player side? Wouldn't that be illegal to hack our computers, lol.
t0xIc
Pro Botter

Just happened to me so I flipped out and /shutdown and reopened in windower just now.
t0xIc
Pro Botter

Just did it on windower now too, I'm really creeped out.
zanmoto
Helpfull Botter

Well I'm not sure wether its a Windower problem or a Burnersware problem, I really want to figure this out though
t0xIc
Pro Botter

Mine has lines all across screen like almost scanning to see if there is a taskbar.
Hammy025
Site Admin

I don't know how many people in total are having this issue, but since there is not a wide spread complaint, I can only assume that the number is small. I've never had this problem. I really doubt that SE is scanning for anything on the client side and if they did it wouldn't show up as a video problem. They would problably just take a look at your open processes or something like that. And honestly, if they started banning people for windower I think that they would be losing about half of their player base. I just don't see it happening. Obviously that's just my opinion.

The problem you're having itself looks more like a problem between Burners software and your video card FW/drivers. I've had other issues like my windows mouse pointer and the FFXI mouse pointer are seperated and click on two different things when used. This came down to being the video card driver, not the windower or FFXI. I can only suggest that you try to change the FW on your card and see if it fixes the problem. And the sad fact is, if Burners can't duplicate the problem on his machine (ie he doesn't have your exacty card, drivers, OS, etc) there's nothing he can really do. I'm sure he'd like his SW to run smoothly 100% of the time, but it just may not be possible without help from those that have a problem.
zanmoto
Helpfull Botter

I would be more than happy to help solve the issue if anyone can offer some suggestions, I am running Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE, I don;t know what FW's are so if you can tell me I will change them or configure them to see what works and post all findings here.
t0xIc
Pro Botter

Even POL launched non-windowed does it. I've cleaning my hd off completely, way way way too much time/gil on my character to be key logged, even though it's a low chance, it still makes me uneasy to see this.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Zanmoto, FW is firmware (sorry bout that). Firmware is how your PC talks to your video card on a hardware level. Basically, firmware and software are the only ways that you can actually change the performance of your video card. You can try changing one or both. I can't say exactly how to do that for your card as I don't have the same one and it may be different. What I would do is go to the manufacturer's site for your card (I don't know if Nvidia actually makes cards, normally its a company that uses Nvidia's chip like XFX or Asus or someone else). Once you find out what card you have, go to their site and find the support or downloads link. You should be able to mess around in there and find the latest firmware, software, and/or drivers (they might be called different things). Install whatever package is given for your card and see if that fixes the problem. Unfortunately I don't have an Easy Button that will do it all for you, it will take a little time and effort to figure it out.

ToXic, that's really wierd dude. The screen shots that I saw showed the "split" happening at the top of non-pol graphics (like Burner's SW or another window). But if its happening on a non-windowed session, I have no idea what to say. I would still try to update your graphics ware and see if it fixes. But I understand being nervous about it. Do you have a screen shot of your specific problem?

Return to “Help - Rogue Tools”