I think I may have a virus o_O;;

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

it started about 3 days ago. I cant remember what I installed on my computer, but it caught my attention last night when I was lvling SAM in the dunes. Like ever 3 minutes there is thise "bomp" noise, like I think it is a windows sound effect, because I have heard it before, when I cant like complete an action. I tried using FRaps to take a screen shot of my desktop So I could put it on here but I think Fraps is only for games. Anyways, since I dont know how to take a screen shot of my desktop I will quote what it says every now and again; the error message.
"Microsoft Internet Explorer
NOTICE: If youre computer has erros in the registry database or file system, it could cause unpredictable or erratic behavior, Freezes and Crashes.
Fixing these errors can oncrease youre computer'r performance and prevent data loss.

Would you like to install WinFixer 2005 to check youre computer for free? (Recommended) [Ok] [Cancel]"

Now I am pretty sure it may be just a cleverly disguised pop up, but I only noted this, because it coincides with that weird "bomp" sound every like 3 mins.
Ima run a virus scan, and most likely catch it, but it seems like when ever I delete all this "adwareserver.exe" "Optimise.exe"" P2p Networking" "CCAPP.exe" they always come back. I Cant even delte "Optimise" from my programs, I click to remove it, and it just stays there. I will make another post with the names of the viruses I detech with Norton when the scan is done.
Runeblade
Pro Botter

Oh, correct me if I am wrong, but , Hit the Print Screen button, then open Paint. Ctrl + V in paint and your picture should be there, to get a image of your desktop.

If that doesn't work, go to your task bar and hit the Start menu. Open up Paint program. When paint loads take your cursor and select Edit. Click paste and your desktop will now be in paint. Go to file, Save as, and choose the location, file type, and location you want it saved in.

Hope this right, Goodluck :))
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

Actalert.exe-AdwareNetOptimiser
Asm.exe-Adware Top Search
Asmps.dll-Adware Top Search
Optimise.exe-AdwareNetOptimiser
PointsManager.exe-Adware Top Search
Ruainzr.exe-Adware Top Search
SAcc.exe-Adware Surf Accuracy
TopSearch.dll-TopSearch.B

sooo yeah those are my "At risk" files on my computer. Ima delete them with Norton anti virus tools but I am 85% sure they will be back on my computer when I turn it back on tomarrow. they always come back. Any one know how I can get rid of these permanatly? Or have heard anything about them.?
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

uhh, ok I think I have some thing that Norton Anti virus didnt catch. Right after I entered my last post, and I deleted all the things I listed as threats, that message came up again "
Microsoft Internet Explorer
NOTICE: If youre computer has erros in the registry database or file system, it could cause unpredictable or erratic behavior, Freezes and Crashes.
Fixing these errors can oncrease youre computer'r performance and prevent data loss.

Would you like to install WinFixer 2005 to check youre computer for free? (Recommended) [Ok] [Cancel]"
I closes the window, then it poped up again. Then it just opened up my internet explorer and sent me to this web site
*** DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT YOURE ANTI VIRUS AND FIRE WALLS WILL BLOCK IT FROM AUTOMATICALLY DOWNLOADING SOMETHING***

https://www.winfixer.com/pages/scanner/d ... it&lid=com

When it sent me to the site it tried to automatically download something onto my computer, but my fire wall thing blocked it. Any help about this is welcomed.
Runeblade
Pro Botter

Well, I really can't help you, Because I don't know much about computer threats, such as viruses, etc.

But, If you post the picture of the messages and whatever else, I'm pretty sure someone who knows about this very well could help you out.

But, let me give you my opinion. When you delete it with the virus, check your folders, see if it's hidden in any of them. I'm not sure if it deletes it from all folders, and you don't have to do it manually, Again as I said, I'm not a comuter expert.

Also, I noticed the viruses, were ".exe" ".dll" Those are usually the viruses crap. Are you aware of how you got this? Or no? Because, you shouldn't open up ".exe" files that you don't know of.

You should also scan something before you download something if you are very cautious now, since you are trying to take away viruses, to not get more, scan the file before you download it.

Also, just because something says recommended, it doesn't mean it's safte. I don't know If I were you and didn't have any solutions, I'd try re-installing Windows, if there was something wrong with the registry codes, etc. I don't know much about this, just giving in my 2 cents.

Well, Sorry, I'm not that useful, Goodluck.
bigbguy

These programs below are free and they are a MUST have:

1. Ad-Aware SE Personal
https://www.download.com/3001-8022_4-10319876.html
2. Spybot - Search & Destroy
https://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-D ... ag=lst-0-1

everything here is free and is always being updated, your first things to do is to run the very first two links, after running them let us know what they found!

3. Peer Guardian2
https://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/
4.Zone Labs Security
https://www.download.com/ZoneAlarm/3000- ... ag=lst-0-5

and if you don't have Mozilla Firefox browser:
https://www.mozilla.org/download.html
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

Bigb is absolutely correct no one should touch the internet without spybot and adaware. Another good one, particularly for root kit threats, is webroot spysweeper. but it only has a free trial period after which you need to subscribe. I run all three of theose in addition to norton all the time and for extra shits and giggles I also run microsofts free anti spyware program.
bigbguy

Kyoshinra have you had any luck with any thing??
Gyruss
Advanced Botter

You've been infested with Adware/Spyware, which, while not as malicious as a typical virus, is still a PITA and malicious IMHO because it bogs down your system with BS and ad-spamware crap.

Also, they may be using your machine as a mass spam email machine.

I'd recommend you go to www.download.com

And download the following 2 apps:

Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 1.06
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4

Install them, run the updates to download the latest definitions and detections, and then do a full system scan and have them remove any spyware/adware/exploits/trackers they find.

I use both these programs on my machine(s). Very useful, free proggies.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

also, if you didnt have current virus software, you might want to go to symantec.com and have them scan your computer from the webpage..... please tell us if your problem is solved so we will stop giving you suggestions -><-
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

Yeah after I ran that 2 hour norton anti virus program that I pay for every year, it detected 21 of them, but only let me delete 8 of them for some reason. After I deleted those 8, I turned off my computer, and searched for them with my computers search thing and they werent on my comp anymore. And to say the best, that wierd "bomp" noise that happened every like 2-3 mins, I dont have it anymore. Thank you guy for all youre help with this. Good luck to you all and take care.
bigbguy

Gyruss wrote:You've been infested with Adware/Spyware, which, while not as malicious as a typical virus, is still a PITA and malicious IMHO because it bogs down your system with BS and ad-spamware crap.

Also, they may be using your machine as a mass spam email machine.

I'd recommend you go to www.download.com

And download the following 2 apps:

Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 1.06
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4

Install them, run the updates to download the latest definitions and detections, and then do a full system scan and have them remove any spyware/adware/exploits/trackers they find.

I use both these programs on my machine(s). Very useful, free proggies.

Did you not read? ^^ They have already been suggested. It might help to read all post before posting.
djcid
Pro Botter

sound like the same thing that hit me a few months ago.

The spyware ckept coming back because it attached itslef to my startup / sys reg. so no mater how many times I found it and deleted it, bu=y restarting my system I just infected myself again. o.O

I finaly gave up and did a total reformat / reinstall of everything. This time I partioned off my drive so I have a back up drive incase anything crazy happenes again.... I was goin gcrazy without my FFXI fix :E
jester

I'll add onto what bigbuy put there.

Firefox

https://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Download on the right. Great web surfing tool, if you have a mouse with a mouse wheel if you click the mouse wheel on a link it will open a new tabbed window (or right click on a link and select Open new Tab or something like that)

Quite handy... and it doesn't have any of that activex crap.

Spywareblaster

https://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

Handy dandy stop-adware-before-it-starts tool. Just update it and Enable All Protection for firefox and Internet Explorer it's very easy to use just follow the instructions.

Panda Scan Online Scan ... enable Heuristic mode in the options and tell it to scan your entire computer. NOTE this will burn up alot of your CPU power so do this when you're not doing ANYTHING but surfing the net.. no games etc... stop other scans... etc., oh and this has to be used with internet explorer.

https://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm (then hit Scan your PC in the middle / near the bottom of hte screen)

If you're still having problems contact me on aim or MSN (lightknight@notsosuper.net is my MSN the others are in sig)

I'll give you some 1 on 1 help.

edit: oh also, I have a super sekrit program that you can use that will DEFINITELY be able to help you stop it but i'd have to talk you through it 1 on 1 to explain how it works it's an advanced program... well its not really secret it's called Tiny Firewall... best firewall out there imho better than zone crap alarm :p, anyway holler at me.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

And as far as the spyware attaching to the startup registery and recurring you can often get rid of these without a complete reinstall by turning off the system restore option on all drives, restarting, and running all your safety software to delete everything, restart, scan, and if everything is gone turn the system restore option back on. Most of the common malware that recurrs after deletion is using the system restore to do so.

Return to “Lounge”