FFXI on a laptop?

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a laptop mostly to run FFXI while I'm away from home, but I'm worried about buying a laptop that FFXI doesn't like. I'm mostly concerned about the video card as I know it takes Radeon or GeForce series chips to run. Does that mean that I can run it on any laptop that boasts Nvidia GeForce (such as the togo series)?
Anything you guys can tell me (especially if you're running FFXI on a laptop yourself) would help. Thanks!
Zamphire

It doesn't require either of those. My laptop Inspiron 1200 with a Intel chipset runs FF. Though a bit laggy, it runs.
dirtyslurpy!
Helpfull Botter

i play ffxi on my alienware 5500 laptop
buttmonkey
Helpfull Botter

my dell 1900 plays it fine
Bob
Intermediate Botter

I play on my lap top without a probelm^^. Hit it up with a keyboard and mouse and its a little happy box of joy.
Hammy025
Site Admin

:blingsmile: Thanks guys. I was just worried because of the GeForce/Radeon requirement on the game packaging. Also, when I first bought the game 2+ years ago, I got home, installed it, and couldn't run it because I had "incorrect hardware" or something like that. I had to wait until the next day and but a GeForce video card to get it to work.
But if everyone seems to be running it fine with the normal on board video, I won't worry about it. Thanks everyone!
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

well the on the box requirements are what it will for sure run on but there are, as people have said, many other options that also work. They just don't garuntee them.

Return to “Lounge”