PC Crash

Feel free to talk about anything here.
KewbieRed
Advanced Botter

Please Help, This is wierd. All of a sudden everytime I run FFXI on either windower after about 10 seconds of gameplay my pc freeezes up completely.
Has any1 experienced this or know what is wrong? I haven't made any changes to my computer. And I don't have automatic updates on or anything. And I'm almost positive it isn't a virus. =( Help me out guys.!!!!
darkrift
Pro Botter

no idea dude ... maybe your graphics card's fan broke and its over heating really fast?
Zamphire

darkrift wrote:no idea dude ... maybe your graphics card's fan broke and its over heating really fast?
had that problem last week, had to put a new fan on it
scottmatt
Advanced Botter

KewbieRed wrote:Please Help, This is wierd. All of a sudden everytime I run FFXI on either windower after about 10 seconds of gameplay my pc freeezes up completely.
Has any1 experienced this or know what is wrong? I haven't made any changes to my computer. And I don't have automatic updates on or anything. And I'm almost positive it isn't a virus. =( Help me out guys.!!!!
I had the same problem it was my power supply i had a short in the dedicated graphics power cord changed to another one fixed the issue.
KewbieRed
Advanced Botter

Thanx Scott that sounds reasonable. Umm 1 thing, was this only happening when you played ffxi? Cuz when i use photoshop etc it wasnt doing it, it was only FFXI

IF not maybe its the overheating, which I hope not because I don't wanna order a new one. I have a SP tonight! lol :(
Zamphire

When you play a game on a computer you're putting alot more strain on the system when just using it. That's why it only happens while your playing FFXI. Try playing another game and see if it still happens. If it doesnt, then it's probably a software issues with ffxi
KewbieRed
Advanced Botter

Nah my video card fan wasn't spining so i guess ill replace it with a better one ty guys!

Return to “Lounge”