Here you go the 3rd Impact from SE

Feel free to talk about anything here.
bluesky997
Advanced Botter

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been suspended or permanently terminated.

Based on the results of an investigation, over 3,300 PlayOnline accounts have been either suspended or terminated on Sep. 26, 2006 for the malicious and intentional use of these third-party tools.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (real money trading) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

To ensure our customers could enjoy the game safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
Lith
Helpfull Botter

I was a victim :(
gilmore126
Helpfull Botter

victim is a bit far i think we all know the risk that we are taking.
schwarzi88

i think they caught ppl with POS tools and Flee tools the question is ........ are they installing prog. to detect this or WTF ..... if they did install prog. is there a way around or do we (who like hacks ) have to find a new MMORPG to try and take over befor they get smart!
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

I doubt they would bother to install anything on client side for this. All they really had to do to detect them is to have the server flag every incident whereyour movement distance was too far greater then your expected movement distance. POS works by sending a false positional coordinate to the server which them moves you to that location(essentially) so it would be easy to flag this kind of movement on the server. Likewise fleetool would be relatively easy to detect since it is essentially changing your state(from what I have heard of it's code, though may be changing something else instead) to cause your copy of ffxi to think you should be changing coords faster then you should and in effect has the same result as POS but in smaller incriments. If fleetool is actually sending a false state value to the server it would be even easier to detect serverside. For these reasons I highly suspect that they don't ever flag a thief using fleetool at flee speed(unlimited flee^^). Bottom line is it looks like they finally just decided to start monitoring movement serverside and so people are getting banned for pos and flee.
darkrift
Pro Botter

i wonder how much money SE is loseing by doing this
Hammy025
Site Admin

evildr wrote:For these reasons I highly suspect that they don't ever flag a thief using fleetool at flee speed(unlimited flee^^).
I agree with that. However, this would also imply that bards get free Mazurka and pretty much everyone gets free striders since the national aketons are level 1. But then again, most jobs at level 38 can wear powder boots which let you flee. And the rules change for anyone on a chocobo. All I'm saying is that there are a LOT of variables. No doubt that SE can handle this simple coding, but it makes it much less black and white for us since we really don't know what we can and can't get away with.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

I dont flee or POS, yet i was caught in this last mass banning. Only programs i run are auto updating maps and maps that show monster locations. I think there is something more being looked at than having programs that modify movement.

The night before the mass bannings, i was testing FFXIapps PL bot. by testing i mean i set it up and watching it operate(i was at computer entire time of its opperation). the PLed party can send your bot a tell with specific instructions. I think they monitor chat logs for such tells.

it makes me angry to be grouped together with mass bannings only for 3rd party tools that enable abnormal movement.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

That sucks, had you used pos,fleetool,or statechanger on the account previously? like say in the last 4 months or so? They could just as easily monitor for specific tell's making any text command distributed bot or echo using bot a high risk but I suspect they'll only do something like that for bot's as widely used as FFXIApp if they do it at all. Any reason why you were thinking it was FFXIApp that got you caught over something else? Have they talked to you yet?
Cooleko
Mod in Training

they wont say a thing to me about the banning, I havent used POS or fleetool in quite a long time, i havent had a need since ToAU came out, whm sub, option of jueno and hometown warp, and OP warps, there just isnt a need. i dont talk about hacks, and i dont use anytihng that i beleive is detectable. i used the ffxiapps bot the night before the banning and i was included, this differs from the norm though, a GM never sent me a tell aking if i was at my computer, but if they can see all the tells your receiving, then there wouldnt be a need to know something was up, FFXIapps bot requires !MP, !Rest, !Stand. !Follow<me>, !Raise<me> commands to function with the PL afk, and we tested them out. but i hate to be lumped with hackers because i have always heard the penalties for botting werent as severe as hacking.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

I agree they shouldn't be. Sucks what happened.
tonynlo
Pro Botter

darkrift wrote:i wonder how much money SE is loseing by doing this
Probably not too much, think of how many people have gotten banned and went right out and bought another copy... They are probably breaking about even or at a small loss. Making the bitchy people that whine about botting happy will make them stick around a little longer. SE knows how addictive of a game they have made and are confident that people will come back, just like I did.

P.S.

According to the FFXI fan fest they are going to be adding a "GM task force" that will be cracking down on all types of game automation. Seems as though they have figured out POS and Flee tool and this looks like its their last step.
tupac12
Helpfull Botter

when can i get back on to play ff11 i only got temp suspended
Hammy025
Site Admin

If you got the normal 72 hour suspension, they count that starting at the next server reset (currently 8am Pacific, 11am Eastern). Then 72 hours or 3 days after that, then you will be able to log into POL (not ffxi) and call a gm to lift the suspension. I'm not sure exactly what day and time the suspensions started, but it will be 3 days from the following server reset. Does that make sense? :unsure:
tupac12
Helpfull Botter

ok thanks i think it will be saturday when i can get back on will my char be in jail or just were i left him because i didnt get sent i just tryed to log on tuesday and i was suspended

Return to “Lounge”