Private Server UP, No more worrying about GM's rules!!

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Tooku9
Advanced Botter

For those that don't know, A private server is typically something that is free (once it is fully completed), and you can well... do anything you want on it and change anything about the game you like. Didn't like the ranger gimp? you can change it. Don't like the fact that Drg can't wear a hauby? you can change it. Don't like the fact that HNM's respawn timers are so long? you can change that. As well as crafting rates, xp rates, gil rates, add your own NPC's to sell craftable items, ( i recommend you make the NPC make the item only by trading them the needed supplies to craft the item though) you can change that. All is comming to us at such a perfect time. S.E. is lossing thier purpose to provide us with a great game and instead they would rather focus on banned 75%+ of thier population just for using a damn windower, well thanks to tinytaru and the ProjectXI development team, we can strike back, play, and tell S.E. exactly what to do with all that cash they've been jacking from us over the years just to fuck us over and gimp some of our hard spent time jobs. I believe in Justice. It is time S.E. got judged. Server Info Below

The FFXI Private Server is nearing completion fast!! They've been working on it for 4 years now and recently tinytaru has made a huge break point!
We actually have finished what we call a "Void World"

No more worrying about GM's to ban you, or HNM's with 24 -100 hour respawn times, (try to keep the balance somewhat fair though lol), They are almost done with releasing version 0.3 of the Server which will enable zoning, monsters, npcs, and interactive objects. However the more people with programming skills the better, Tinytaru just recently made this project Open Source.

*****Private Server information here*****

https://projectxi.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/index.php

If anyone can program goto the IRC channel , if someones working on it they'll talk to you. or if your just curious as to where they're at you can join the IRC channel as well.

If I shouldn't be posting this please let me know, I'm just trying to help people that have been banned, I figured this ok since this "is" a hacking forum.

They will not admit to making a free private server, however this is only to save them from legal complications for anyone not to familiar with whats going on. Of course there will be free private servers and the more people going here the better.
Last edited by Tooku9 on Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tooku9
Advanced Botter

Tinytaru just found the bug in zoneing at 10pm est Oct 1st, V 0.3 is now 80% complete
Spar13

I wanna join D:
atleast like test the server or something, already a member on their fourms
Tooku9
Advanced Botter

try checking out thier IRC, lots goin on in there tonight ^^
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

I'm interested in being involved but no time till semester break :(
Zamphire

How would I go about getting in touch with these people to check it out?
astokes

Yes i would love to help out. i am right now jobless and out of school. lol u can call me a loser, but i have nothing to do. but i would love to help out, need to do something befor i join the army :/
Hammy025
Site Admin

I followed the link in the original post above and registered in their forums. There is quite a bit of information on the private server project and it is really fascinating. I also saw a post, I think under developement, for help with non-coding stuff, so anyone with an active FFXI account can probably help. Just read some posts to figure out who the developers are and PM them to ask how you can help. As soon as I get a little more time, I'll probably hit them up as well. It really does look like an awesome project. :drunk:
Spar13

I am trying to get in contact with them so I can ask them about this, hopefully I can get us all a pass to a hacking server lol
Tooku9
Advanced Botter

There are a few things if people would like to start ahead on... One thing is making mod downloads that will balance fights for solo , duo'ing, or 6 players max battles on the server. Balancing I mean changing monsters and players stats. Typically from the very start we would like the 3 basic balances that will still prove to be extremly hard for us but still doable, like duo or 6 person Divine Might mission modified for example, from there people can just adjust things how they see fit. This is something that may take a while so it would be good to start this now. Also maybe after the mod's for the # of players on the server are installed, maybe some code for NPC's that can synthesis and a 3rd pt program that can change xp rates , gil rates, crafting and skill up rates then direct them to the server files.

Return to “Lounge”