Minimum System Requirements

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Hammy025
Site Admin

So I have recently lost my normal day time fish bot PC (very long story) and I have tried to use my backup PC, but it isn't fast enough. It's a P3 500MHz with 300MB+ of RAM. I know SE's min system requirement is 800MHz P3 yada yada yada, but I'm wondering if anyone here can tell me if an 800MHz system will actually run FFXI AND run a fish bot like Iocaine or whatever. Or am I going to have to shell out a few bucks and buy a P4 board, CPU, and PSU (and maybe memory)? FFXI actually runs on my 500MHz system, but the ACTools memory reads are too much for it to handle and all I can actually real in are crayfish.

Consider it a contest, who's got the weakest system that they can actually bot on???

Thanks in advance! ;p
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

might also check out the cheepy linux thrown together packages(normally $100-300 at fry's) and just throw in the vid card you have.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Just for archiving purposes in case anyone else is looking in the future, I put together a system that bots with Iocaine just fine. The system is:
P3 933MHz
128 x 3 MB SDRAM @ 100MHz
Windows XP (obviously) Pro
128MB ATI card, junk really, but it works

I also normally use Tight VNC to remote in from work to check on my fishing sweat shop. This system will run FFXI and VNC, but lags too much when doing mem reads with Iocaine. So as long as I pause the bot while I'm remoted in, it works fine. ,)

Hope someone can find this useful.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

good to know.

Return to “Lounge”