more bannings ... lol ; ;

Feel free to talk about anything here.
darkrift
Pro Botter

About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users (Oct. 19)

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been suspended or permanently terminated.

Based on the results of an investigation, over 1,400 PlayOnline accounts have been either suspended or terminated on Oct. 19, 2006 for the malicious and intentional use of these third-party tools.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (real money trading) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

If contacting the Information Center in regards to this action, please be aware that the PlayOnline Information Center is unable to discuss, reverse or overturn decisions made by the Account Admin. The PlayOnline Information Center will only be able to discuss the length of time a suspension will last after proper account verification.

To ensure our customers could enjoy the game safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
astokes

wow, looks like they wont stop for anything.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Ok, NOW I understand why they're going through all these bannings this month.

https://na.square-enix.com/ffxi/newsletter/16/index.html

They're trying to boost sales of their new collection. *shakes head* That's pretty low SE, pretty low indeed.
astokes

well i got suspended some how. but i havent ever played the game in like over a month. i been moving from CO to OH then diveing down to SC everyweeken. F#@k them o'well i dont play much anymore anyways.
gilmore126
Helpfull Botter

guys SE isnt trying to be mean they are banning/suspending cheater(or at least people that violate the eula) why do people here keep blaming SE for getting banned. we all should know the risk we take. if you use any third party program including only using windower they have the right to ban you and they have warned you many times. it is just part of using a bot you need to know they can find out wut you are doing and can ban you at any moment.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Of course you're right, Gilmore, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. I don't think there's a question that we know we're cheating, but there are different levels of cheating. If your intention is to dominate certain NM's so that you can sell items and make tons of gil, you're affecting the balance of the economy. If you're using a windower and maybe some plug-ins that enhance the game experience (like recast timer, etc), that's much less destructive and it's frustrating to be tossed out with everyone else. And if astokes (or others) really haven't been playing, much less cheating, since the last ban, that adds to the frustration. Just like when a guy's wife brings up something he did 5 years ago that he hasn't done since.

Violating the EULA (to me, at least) does not necessarily mean being harmful. And if you're not hurting anyone else or the community as a whole, I say what's the harm? Just MO.
Fujiwuji
Intermediate Botter

ok honestly, i don't care if they ban me... i mean, i hack and i take the risks which i know what the consequences may be.

BUT! i'm very pissed off @ SE cuz they are ONLY banning NA players or non-japanese & ESPECIALLY! non-gilselling players.
In my server EVERY SINGLE mass Gilseller is still around and @ large.
MANY GM calls have been made and a LOT of proof to proove that they are either hacking or botting. Yet, GMs don't do a single thing.

That's what furiates me the most. So therefore YES SE is being @$$holes & Mean.

Oh let's ban this NA player for moving @ a constant 12% Strider Boots speed, but we'll leave that player who stands in 1 spot 24/7 who claims the bot and stands idle for 15-30 minutes before attacking it.
gilmore126
Helpfull Botter

sorry guys i think some of you are confused you want SE to be prejudice and complain about them being prejudice.they are banning people that violate the eula and they have been very consistant about that. you want them to take degrees of violation into account that is silly. they say they will ban if you violate eula. period. now as for NA's only that is also wrong lots of japs have been banned from my server. but the japanese are also better at hiding their violations. also please realize alot of people being banned use ffxiapp which think about it you provide them with your ingame info to use the software. that info is kept in a database that can be cracked and/or released. so those that use that program think about that. if you use any third party program (including windower and especially recast timers since it gives you an advantage over the average player) you have a chance of being banned.

really stop complaining they have warned us all many many times the way to avoid getting banned is by not using 3rd party programs.please stop whining if you get caught using them and they ban you. not only does SE warn you but so does burners and all of the other developers on this site.

you have been warned if you get banned it is your fault
(and hammy wut you are saying is like saying you can smoke crack as long as you dont hurt anyone but those that hurt people cant smoke crack think about it)
Hammy025
Site Admin

Point taken. But I still don't think that having a small advantage over another player is that big of a deal. If it was PvP I would definitely agree. But how is having a windower or.........oh nevermind. I see your point and I won't argue cause in the end you're right (although your simile is a little flawed cause I could change 'crack' to 'cigarettes' and make the counter argument, think about it). And you can't compare FFXI to crack. FFXI is WAY more addictive. :drunk:

If I was a PS2 or XB player I'd be really pissed and probably would have quit by now. We've all just gotten so used to cheating that we don't see the other side anymore. I still wish that SE would have done a few things differently to begin with, but I'm the idiot that bought the game to begin with. :unsure:
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

I agree with most of it and no they do not need to take degree's into account or do I expect them to, that would require a good buisness perspective(AKA looking after the longterm atractiveness of your product by eliminating the most disruptive elements at higher priority to the low impact ones).
gilmore126
Helpfull Botter

last i checked hammy cigarettes were legal crack isnt. so your idea of fixing my simile by replacing the word crack with cigarettes doesnt work. sry. but glad you agree with me.

we play with fire eventually we may get burned
bluesky997
Advanced Botter

gilmore126 wrote:also please realize alot of people being banned use ffxiapp which think about it you provide them with your ingame info to use the software. that info is kept in a database that can be cracked and/or released.
That's why I will never use ffxiapp no matter how good it is. ^^
Hammy025
Site Admin

Fine, let's use the classic example of speeding. Not everyone speeds, but most people do. We all know it's illegal and we know the consequences if we get caught, but we do it anyway. If you speed, you're going to get to where you're going faster than someone who is obeying the law (in general). There is an obvious difference between someone that drives 70 in a 65 and someone that drives 90 in a 65. Both are in violation of the law. The guy going 90 is endangering other people much more than the guy going 70 (all things being equal). If the police pull me over going 70 as the guy going 90 just blew by, I'd be pretty pissed. I'm not arguing the ticket that I'm getting, nor would I argue if I got banned. But seeing the guy going 90 get off with nothing seems like an injustice.

So what if the police cars can only go 75 (i.e. SE can't catch the guys that are really screwing up the game for everyone else)? Then they should concentrate their efforts in building a faster car, not pulling over only the ones they can catch.

I'm done ranting, I won't post anymore on the topic. You may not agree and if you want to argue, PM me. I'll stop wasting everyone’s time here.
Seeham
Helpfull Botter

Great Debate everyone gets an "A".

But yea I agree SE should have allowed us to minimize the game and who knows maybe they will. They just added the chime so we can be AFK and still know when we get tells. But yea it's still frustrating when you get banned and I'm sure all our days are coming. But till them we have two choices stop or risk being caught.
Hurricane
Advanced Botter

Seeham wrote:But yea it's still frustrating when you get banned and I'm sure all our days are coming. But till them we have two choices stop or risk being caught.
What blows is that SE seems to be banning people for past infractions. In some cases, the people banned have not even been actively playing. :(

So, eventhough I have been limiting cheating to simple bots while I do something else, such as play another game, I could still be banned because I used POS a long time ago.

And from what Wazikanof has said:
Wazikanof wrote:...what is odd is that they have banned my other PlayOnline ID too, which is actually registered under totally different information (my main PlayOnline ID was registered with my genuine address, name etc. my other one is bogus).
It sounds like we could be banned even if you are using hacks on an alternate account. :(

Return to “Lounge”