the windower gettin banned

Feel free to talk about anything here.
nightwalkerxx
Helpfull Botter

hey guys, about this whole SE banning ppl, can they also catch you and ban/terminate you for using the windower? :(
Hammy025
Site Admin

This is a question that has been asked 100 times and I've never seen a straight answer. That is probably because...no one knows for sure. We don't know if SE can tell if you are using windower or not. And, yes, I know there are lot's of reasons that "they can't detect windower" and other people say that "that's all that I was using" or "they check to see if you're using alt-tab". Truth is, no one knows for sure. Even if someone really did get banned and all that they were using since they first started playing FFXI was windower, maybe SE just made a mistake. Point is, unless you're on SE's payroll, you don't know 100%. My guess is, no, you're not going to get banned nor do they enforce detection of a windower, but I don't know. If you want to be safe, just play the game as they gave it to you. But I'm sure that there are thousands of players that use windower that have never been so much as suspended and will still be using it when FFXI dies.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

Yes if they wanted to try and detect it they could, of course shortly afterward cliff and everyone would patch windower to hook in before the detection code and block it. So that would not end up being anything other then a ongoing cycle till one side got bored.

To date I have never talked to a single person who was banned who had not(even if they didn't admit it at first) use other tools then windower. Honsetly their primary interest in stopping windowers is they make it a little easier to bot/hack.

I doubt they would waste the time to try and ban the windower users when it's easier and more effective to go after the other tools. That being said, if they wanted to they could.

Return to “Lounge”