Iocaine Server Outtages

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Taking down the server for a few minutes (< 30) to upgrade some hardware.

Edit: All done.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Something rebooted my server without any provocation, coming back up now.
Hammy025
Site Admin

The Iocaine server is a VM on my main PC. When the PC hard rebooted it corrupted something in the main fishing database and it took a loooong time to get it restored (and we lost some data). I lost a lot of needed sleep so everybody can bot tomorrow...make it count. ^.^b
schwarzi88

if need be ill take ur place at ur job tomorrow .... but no garontee that the building will still be ther on thursday !
jokes aside , i cant even describe to u how greateful i am and hopefully the rest of the comunity feels the same , im .8 away from 100 in fishing , thats why the big ball-bustin!
Hammy025
Site Admin

Taking the SQL server offline for a few minutes to do an offline backup.

Edit: Back up.
Hammy025
Site Admin

I use no-ip.org to update DNS's with my IP and they canceled my service, the bastards. They said they gave me 2 notices which is BS. I'll get it updated now and hopefully it'll be working again.

Hammy025
Site Admin

Rebooting for maintenance.

Hammy025
Site Admin

My connection has been down for about 15 minutes, it's never down this long so no telling how long it will be down. Yay for
Finally getting a smart phone (even if it is for my wife lol).

Edit: Looks like I'm finally back up.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Rebooting to run some experiments. Shouldn't be long.

Edit: Back up. My new server (intel i7 based) runs at ~60 Watts when idle. My old server (intel Q6600) runs at ~175 Watts idle. I can run 12 pol's at once on my new machine and it STILL draws less power than my old one at idle (~160-165 Watts). Can't wait to move the Iocaine server to my new system and keep my office cooler.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Shutting down for a short time to remove power measurement equipment.

Edit: 2 blue screens later and we're back up. Just hope it stays that way.
Hammy025
Site Admin

I'm setting up a second work station in my office (so the misses doesn't keep kicking me off of my own PC) so I'm doing some rearranging. Which means the server will be up and down here and there while I move things or reroute cables. But it shouldn't be for long at any one time. And probably no more than 3 times total.

Then, at some point in the near future, I'll be moving the server (which is a VM) from one physical system to another. Hopefully that'll just take however long it takes to transfer the VM from one system to another over gigabit. Once that all takes place I don't plan on having any outages for a while. And it should be much more stable. As it has been up til now I'm fairly sure that the Iocaine server has more up-time than the FFXI servers, but hopefully it'll improve. I'll post again before I do that major change (probably Monday night).

Edit: Provided I don't knock any plugs out of the wall we should be back up until I change the system that the server VM is one (I'll post again before hand).
Hammy025
Site Admin

Shutting down the server and moving it to a new system. Not sure exactly how long it will take, but I'm guessing at least an hour. I'll edit the post when it's back up.

Edit: I'm having to shrink the VM volume to fit on the new system's partition, so it's taking a lot longer than expected. May have to break this up into 2 nights.

Edit: I'm going to have to let it run while I sleep. It should come online automatically when it finishes compressing. I'll check it again when I get up and update with whatever I find.

Edit: Back up when I woke up. It all seems to be working for me.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Giving this another shot, hopefully to wrap this up. If all goes according to plan, shouldn't take more than about 15 minutes.

Edit: Posted at 4:07, done at 4:22. Things finally went according to plan for once! I still need to move the ftp server, but that should be transparent to everyone.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Had a little hiccup while setting up the last service on the server, but everything's completely set now. Should have a much more stable/reliable server.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Rebooting rq.

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”