Iocaine Server Outtages

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
Hammy025
Site Admin

I'll post here if I know that the server IS or WILL BE down for any time. This is the server used to host both the file server and the SQL server that Iocaine uses for the fisher.

Currently the server is in fact down. I'm trying to set up some new services and something went wrong. Running home now to fix it, hopefully it should be back up within the hour. Sorry for the inconvenience.

*EDIT* Back up. There could be some intermittant issues over the next day or so, but shouldn't be prolonged.
Last edited by Hammy025 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hammy025
Site Admin

My router just crapped out. I'm trying to get it up tonight, but if not I'll head out and pick up a new one (a good one <.<) first thing in the morning. Till then, sorry, fishing is closed.

Edit: Yes indeed, it is trashed. I'll go out and get a nice Linksys (yay Cisco) tomorrow and hopefully have everything up and restored shortly after the update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit Again: I *think* its up and running. I'm having some issues within the network, but I think it should be going from outside.
Hammy025
Site Admin

My power went out for about an hour and a half tonight which is why Iocaine wasn't working for people. Hopefully its all fixed now.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Rebooting the server for maintenance.
Hammy025
Site Admin

I have been experiencing issues where my router is losing random port forwarding settings which causing the ftp and sql servers that Iocaine uses to be inaccessible. I'll be doing some maintenance on it this weekend to try to resolve the problem.

*This might cause Iocaine to either crash or say that there is a newer version available upon opening it or using the fisher.*
Hammy025
Site Admin

ISP went out for about 2 hours today, back up now. If you were having trouble connecting, that's why.
Hammy025
Site Admin

There will be an outage sometime in the next couple of days. I'm moving and obviously have to move the server and set up my new network. I'll post again before it takes place to narrow down the time frame.
Hammy025
Site Admin

I'll be moving the server in the next 2 hours or so. Not sure how long it will take to set back up as it will be a different network topology at my new place. I'll post again when things are back up and running. Until then, if you experience problems with Iocaine, it probably has to do with the server being down. As long as you have Iocaine open before the server goes down and you do not close it, log out, zone, or change rods, you shouldn't have problems.
Hammy025
Site Admin

It appears to be working after hours of fiddling with my new network. Let me know if there are issues connecting.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Doing a little maintenance on the server requiring some reboots. Probably won't notice, but if you can't connect, give it a few minutes and try again.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Doing a couple power cycles, hopefully won't take long.
Hammy025
Site Admin

The database has finally become full (after 2.5 years of fish records). I'm in the process of archiving the old data. It seems that the repeated SQL commands are taking a toll on the server and it's been locking up from time to time. If the problem persists for more than 15 minutes or so (you can't connect and Iocaine crashes on initializing tables), post me something on the fisher bugs thread or PM and I'll look into it asap.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Woops! I've been messing around trying to get a stable VM to put all of the server stuff on so that it's segregated from my normal desktop usage and I did something stupid. Short version... the server interface is going to be down for the next hour+ until I can get home and fix it. Longer version... I changed some network connection settings while I was remoting in which cut me off. Duh!
Hammy025
Site Admin

Tuesday the 25th my power will be out, I'm assuming all day. Doing a major electrical upgrade and PG&E's switching everything off while I'm working on the panel. Will be back up in the evening.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Taking the server down for just a few minutes to change out some bad hardware.

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”