FFXI App taken down

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

Maury and ifuzz stopped supporting their bot today as they claim SE threatened/pursued legal action against them. Perhaps SE will continue their purge but I think it will stop with ffxi app.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Wow, that's kinda scary. Guess its good to have an app that's sort of "off the radar". Let's keep it that way. I haven't seen a post about Iocaine or ffxiscripting anywhere in a long time. It would be in all of our best interests to keep it that way and refrain from posting anything "hey, there's a working bot at..."

Thanks for the heads up Cooleko.
tonynlo
Pro Botter

Well I'm sure we will see a lot of older members... I certainly found my way back to the forums.
darkrift
Pro Botter

Holy shit this site is still around.

MDFLOWS!>!!!??!! i mean... wow havent seen that name in a while.
darkrift
Pro Botter

is the 7 in 1 tools still working? my ffxiapp is borked!!! and not supported ; ;
mdflows
L33t Botter

haha yeah it's been quite a while. I know FFXIV is still a ways out so I figured I would tinker a bit with FFXI. Having trouble finding a good windower atm though. Probably just lookin in all the wrong places.

I haven't looked at this stuff in so long I need directions to get around again lawl.
Hammy025
Site Admin

www.windower.net the windower has come a long way, those guys seriously know what they're doing. And I dunno about the 7-in-1, but Iocaine is still supported here (fisher, PL, crafter, skill up).
fritz_kix
Advanced Botter

Yeah, the part that I kept alive from FFXIAPP was the ability to walk through non-pc, pc, and objects. run while heaing and walk in the air (pos x, z, and y coordinates), that kind of stuff:
https://ffxiscripting.com/viewtopic.php?t=5446
mdflows
L33t Botter

i actually got banned way back when for using pos i think. it was part of that sky atunement or w/e you had to do that required a TON of traveling so I was just POSing around and was at my very last spot when I ended up in a room with a GM....

I know it would be at my own risk of course if I were to try using it again but do you know or have any suggestions to use it but have less chance of getting caught?

thx in advance.
darkrift
Pro Botter

I stopped using cheats/bots long ago. They cracked down hardcore. I wouldn't use anything anymore except for maybe some more benign bots.... like maybe skill up bots. I would also be present for those just in case.

POS tools your probably fucked.

I got a 3 day ban for flee hack long long long long ago, and since then i have yet to bot/hack.

Of course if your just back to mess around, and you dont care... POS hack away!
Hammy025
Site Admin

Same as what Darkrift said. I'm fairly certain that they've got server side checks that basically just keep track of your position every few seconds and if you're moving faster than you should be able to, then call in the GM squad. Anything that changes the way the game is played is really risky. Automating human interaction isn't unless you're afk while doing it or doing something stupid like talking about it in game. I've safely botted while present for about 3 years now, not so much as a GM /tell.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

I used to believe this as well.

However it recently came to my attention that people are flee hacking + POS around with no repercussion at all. It seems that people were getting banned were probably just being stupid and were seen. The people i know who hack are all friends to either me or my best friend. at first i didnt believe it, but after i saw a few people online doing in in dynamis/salvage. I let my best friend do it since he is always too slow at enms lol.

Blew my mind because i believed everything i heard about auto bans, but just goes to show that most of the people who do get banned are being careless.
fritz_kix
Advanced Botter

yeah i used to speed hack all the time and never got a gm tell or anything. i think it really is when you show off or act careless that you start getting caught. btw, Clipper is not a POS tool. it's a "walk through anything" tool. the pos part about is that you can go up and down while walking in mid air so it increases or decreases your height if you want to. i also added other directions (compass). it's not necessary but i've seen it come in handy :P
mdflows
L33t Botter

in reference to the post at the top of this thread. Either the people who made/updated this hack/bot are really dumb or just simply know anything about laws in general. There is no way SE could take legal action against a company that provides a tool that allows people to hack memory on their PC in turn changing a small part of the game environment.

It was SE's mistake to make the offsets etc, that controlled character movement client side instead of server side. If anything the users actually doing the hacking of their own computers would be the ones actually breaking user agreements. The only thing SE could do is ban them. Heck I bet that if someone came out with a hack that would hack the SE servers and distributed it they might get taken to court but if they never actually used it on an SE server I'm sorry but they didn't break any laws.

Anyway just my 2 cents. I think the peeps that made/kept those apps up to date just got lazy, or quit playing ffxi and therefore don't support it anymore.

LOL at legal action for something that is controlled by a user to hack the users memory.
Hammy025
Site Admin

I don't think Maury really cared whether SE's claims at legal action were legitimate or not. It was more of just the threat that caused him to take it down. I honestly couldn't blame him. I'm not a legal expert and I don't have time to become one. What you said seems logical, but I couldn't prove it.

As far as just getting lazy and not updating it, SE made a big deal about taking down 2 major apps (FFXI app and NASA). And those two apps closed at the same time. I'd have a hard time believing they just got lazy.

Return to “Lounge”