How awesome are SMN?

Feel free to talk about anything here.
paperclipps
Helpfull Botter

Never actually wanted to try SMN but on this Forum been hearing some good things :D , Got Carbuncle's ruby and thought maybe it was worth a try. Tell me some good things about SMN, if you are one that is. Bwaha. :drunk:
SkySamurai
Intermediate Botter

well....if this helps at all....Kirin is a smn. :E
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

:) SMN is a cool job for soloing and pulling and for some bot things, if your really into it the job can be alot of fun but is a pain to lvl up the main skill. Also MBing with them is alot more tricky then blm. In short other mage jobs are generally easier and more usefull but there are certain things like soloing, pulling, and gaurding while botting that the other mage jobs just can't do or can't do in the same way.
ccc726040
Advanced Botter

As for SMN, I really enjoy a lot of the aspects of it. Suppose you are actually just out taking a stroll down to the river to get some fishing time in. Cast carbuncle or any of the other avatars and fish with ease of mind if you happen to catch a mob. Your avatar (pet) will attack anything that aggros you. For the people that enjoy having a pet, you will find that there is a distinct advantage to using SMN over DRG or BST. As with SMN, your pet can be called forth as many times as you happen to have the MP for. For DRG, you will find that you have a 2 hour time before you can re summon your pet if it by chance dies for some reason. As for BST, the charmed creature will eventually get tired of being your friend and turn to attacking you for entertainment. Also, during battle it takes some of the gained EXP as its own leaving you with less. And so, in conclusion, if you want an infinitely loyal and available pet, SMN is deffinately the way to go. However, you will find that it is often very difficult to actually beat the avatars solo and sometimes a little challenging to gather a party together to fight the Prime battles (lvl. 65+)
Spar13

hmmm. SMN75.... Fun job but it is a pain in a ass to heal >.< 70+ kicks ass and you can solo alot but the problem is you can't pull for shit ><
Carbuncle is free and he has regen so he can stay out for ever and not die if it is a low enough level to solo without blood pacts
good job though and alot of mobs are smn 8)
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

On the topic of the solo battles there is a easy way to smoke all of them if you set up your macros and time it correctly. Essentially what you do is arrange it so you can get off 3-4 seering lights off in one battle. Normally 2 will pretty much kill it and I've never seen it survive 3 but a friend used 4 to kill one once. I'll give the link to the sight I got the info from but there is one thing in which the sight is wrong about and it cost me 3-4 lost battles before i found the problem out. The sight says to fight the avatars on the day they are weekest which is true for the prime fights but not for the solo fights. On the solo fights since you are relying entirely on seering light you want to fight on light day, the day seering light does the most dmg, and rape the avatar with 3-4 SL's. Anyways here's the link: https://www.summoner.info/

:blingsmile: Have fun.
Spar13

shhh this site is the best place for summoners :E I can not say I did not go here when i needed help :concentrate:

Return to “Lounge”