AH Price gathering bot

Suggest a new bot idea that you would like to see made or an already existing bot you would like to see Burners make.
Demetress

This is my first post, and I'm not really that familiar with botting (nor with the difficulties or restrictions of creating one)... but something I think could be very usefull is an AH price gathering bot...

What this bot should be able to do is:

1) Check the AH for any specific item (e.g. Apollo Staff), (sub)categorie of items (e.g. Food / Meat) or the entire list of items available (all)

2) Open up the Price History on each item in the selected category and read in the last 10 selling prices and the dates of sale

3) Calculate the average selling price (and min/max) and the avarage throughput rate (number of sales per day/week/month)

4) Write this information in an external file (comma delimited, e.g. AH Jeuno, Apollo Staff, 1450000 (1380000-1500000), 5/day)

5) Repeat the above for all AH's, adding the info to the same file for comparison

6) Eventually repeat all of the above for specific NPC's as well (guild shops come to mind).

I am currently working on a program that allows me to quickly calculate if a specific synth is worth while. To decide on this I need to calculate the cost of making it and the price I can sell it for (thus the need of up to date AH prices) and also the 'shelve time'... the amount of time it would require to sell the stuff. Now I'm forced to look up the prices manually and enter them in my program (takes lots of time). A bot would be perfect for this...
ccc726040
Advanced Botter

Well, I dont think it would be very easy at allto come up with what you arew asking for however, I commend the idea very much. Also, I really like the ideas of an app that calculates whether on to it would be worthwhile to synth something. Currently I sit her and use my cell phone's calculator to do it. Anyway, I like the thinking.
laura
BANNED BITCH

Wouldnt this be cool :grin:

A AH bot that would go trought the entire Weapons and Armor categories and bid 100 gill (or and amount you specify) on all the items. You would be amazing at what you can get from ppl to lazy to price their items right. It could be called Best Bider Bot lol
Mindeater

There is a way to do this for the AH and it is incredibly tedious. You see, have you noticed that when you ar ein the Price History, you can press enter again and you get an echo of the price history line you are currently on.

Scraping the log file for all such echo's would allow you to get the price info.

However, to figure out whcih item you are on for the history, is beyond my capability. Since the list isarbitary, inthat a new item can appear in the list from time to time, it's only really feasible if you were to have the character recognition happening on the highlighted line.

Having an external site where you had a summary of all recent prices would be very handy for many people. Not least of which, recipe guides for crafting could have links to the latest pricing and then the guides would include "cost per synth/profit per synth" information dynamically.

If someone did this, they'd get huge kudos for it. WoW has something like it on Allakhazam and I used it all the time. Trying to work out how much to sell something for when ther eis no AH history etc was a mission. Most people used the online data for recent sales religiously..

Return to “New Bot Suggestions”