farming bot

Suggest a new bot idea that you would like to see made or an already existing bot you would like to see Burners make.
whopper
Pro Botter

runs around auto attacks and rests when needed and you pick the mobe type not gonna happen but would be nice
Spar13

you want it to just attack certain mobs?
sounds like argus lol
Not a programmer so I am not sure if this would be hard but it sounds easy
This would not be much more then a voke bot no?
I donno but meh lol
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

to target certain monsters then you are talking about something at least similar if not basically the same as argus.
Zamphire

ACtually, I think what he's talking about is a farming bot that'll just run around a place like pashow and kill the crawlers and the other things for tree cuttings. I actually have a bot like this but it hasn't worked since FFACT broke, maybe in a month or so I'll work on it again when ffact is fixed
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

But does it specify what creature to farm or just area? Because if it specifies what creature then at a minimum it would be somewhat similar to argus and if it targeted the specific mob for you instead of cycle targeting then it would be very similar to Argus. I'm not refering to warping or any of that but just the farming aspect of argus.

I have breat hopes for what star and wicaan will come out with as functions in ffact but have been a little disapointed so far because of the small selection of available functions for use. If I tried with the current version I could only convert over about a quarter of my bots at the moment. Hopefully will be able to do the rest soon since would aleviate lag issues for some people trying to run the bots on machines that don't like the mem reads.
Zamphire

You have a txt document of the monsters you would like to fight and it tabs around looking for something on that list and when it finds it it attacks it.
whopper
Pro Botter

it would run a path ie the tree cutting ally in sanz but you would need to have spawn points of the goobies for the prog to run to i guess and move to the next of nothing there
Aquila
Helpfull Botter

a Program that would make your chracter run around and target the monsters and drop some undisarable items and would go to an area that would kill just a type of it... heal, or rest once life gets low, cast reraise and wait... whatever... I would love to get my hands on it...
Hammy025
Site Admin

One of the biggest problems with Farming or Leveling bots is getting them to navigate the terrain properly (without getting stuck on trees or rocks, etc). The farming bot that Zamph was talking about is posted somewhere on this site, but it doesn't walk around very much to find more mobs because it doesn't know how. I don't know if ffact is fixed either. It wouldn't be too hard to convert that script from using ffact to just using mem reads in actools, but again, it still needs a navigation bot built in. I'm working on one now and I'm pretty close to getting it working. My plan is, once I have the nav bot working, I'll build it into something like the farming bot and keep going from there. My ultimate goal is to get something like WOW's Glyder, but I've got a long way to go. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_13.gif" alt="/:(" title="Frown" />
Sevastien
Mod in Training

that would be great thing to have around fo farming stuff and lvling low lvl jobs.
whopper
Pro Botter

any luck on a glider type porg for ffxi
Hammy025
Site Admin

I got something sorta working a while back, but I never posted it cause I got stuck. Its a fairly large and complex script in ACTools that will allow you to select your farming route, kill stuff, drop items, etc, but there's one issue. There's a bug in ACTools (I won't go into details) that's more or less crashing the bot mid way through.

The other issue is that its not at all user friendly. I wrote it with the idea that I'd make a better user interface once I got everything working, but since that hasn't happened, the user i/f is still.... yucky.

If you guys are interested in "testing" it out, let me know and I'll try to find time to update the offsets and get it as functional as possible.

BTW, I'm not dropping the idea of getting this working, but I'm convinced ACTools can't handle it, so I'm planning on picking up VB.net later in the spring (when I have a break at work) and writing the bot in that.
ReyRey
L33t Botter

wow hey hammy what ever happened to this bot you were working on??? did it end up in file13 or just buried deep deep in the back of your hard drive some where?

you know with the the skills you have you should be hanging with the big boys writing the games not hacking em [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_11.gif" alt="/8)" title="Cool" />
Hammy025
Site Admin

Its buried..... deep. I'd still really like to do this for ffxi with Iocaine2, but realistically I don't really see it happening before 14 comes out (unless its delayed). A farming bot is really an advanced piece of code that requires a lot of other things to be working underneath. The key thing being navigation. If I ever get enough stuff knocked out, I'd like to work on it, but a good navigation scheme isn't easy. I mean its easy to run between two points, very easy. But the easy way is also very obvious. I need to write something that doesn't just go point A to point B, stop, turn, go to point C, stop turn, etc, it looks very bottish. Need to make it run like a user would. And before I had it written like a network is built. You record these paths to destinations and connect the paths with connection points creating a web. Then, from anywhere near any path you just select where you want to go and it finds the shortest path and goes there. That kind of thing really takes a lot of work.

Farming on top of that is another layer that would come after auto-navigation and chocobo digging. You never know, it could happen, but don't hold your breath.

Return to “New Bot Suggestions”