Someone said they reported me to a GM. Possibly urgent!

Post anything FFXI releated in here.
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

Ok, so on Friday night I went out into rolanberry fields to test and see if the offsets I replaced made Argus work, well they didnt, when I entered "/l <t>" it didnt put the name of the mob I plugged into argus, so then I went to bed.
Then today I lvled some in CN and Kazham, and after LFP for an hour with MNK 25 in kazham I asked some of the PT leaders in Quifm if thye needed my SAM20, and one of them said he would invite me, anyways, I went to jeuno, then you know that tunell to get to quifm where you can fight, well I rested so it would look like I was logging off, then I set POS to power 35 and warped to the exit of the cave, I went on PTing for the next maybe hour and a haf, then I go afk to take out the garbage, and when I get back I see this /t from some guy named "Mosh", and this is very close to what he said to me" Hello. Youre account has been detected as using MrArgus and POS.exe. Youre account is being investigated by a GM. Have a nice day"

Now when I saw this, I was like wtf o-O!;;;; So then I talked with Vale from this site since he is on the Asura server as well, and he told me just not to use any hacks for a week, because if it is true what that guy said about me being investigated for using hacks, a GM will check on me for a while.

So ima not use any hacks for a while, ive been shouting around if anyone knows who Mosh is and no one has replied yet. Right after I went afk and found the /t I /sea all Mosh and he didnt come up. Any advice guys?
lilfisher
Programmer

dont use any hacks for a lilbit but enjoy being on the suspected hacker list. a gm will checkup on you from time to time
jester

well he seems to know you were using it... but hte fact he knows the name means he either a) uses it himself or b) does this to everyone suspicious
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

I logged into POL and FFXI the old fashioned way, so he could possibly know I had windower on. I called a GM and like 5 mins later GM Tryslyn said hello, and asked me what the matter of a possible violation of the aggreement was. and I told him about the guy named Mosh that said my account was under investiagation. This is the main part of what we talked about

"[GM]Tryslyn>> Is there a reason why you waited so long to call a GM?

Kyoshinra>>I have been busy lately, I am pretty sure it happened on sunday, and wasnt sure if I should Bother you GMs about it or not

Kyoshinra>>every time I log on, I /sea all Mosh and he isnt online =/ justwanted to make sure he wasnt a representaive of a GM or something

Kyoshinra>>thank you for youre effort to look into this

[GM]Tryslyn>> No, your account is clean and I see no investigations pending so there's nothing for you to be concerned with."

That is the important part of our conversation. I am still not going to use any hacks other then windower till this friday though.
laura
BANNED BITCH

O my god can you say INTRAPMENT... hey man do NOT HACK for now.... not only did you get reported but they want to catch you. This is a NO violation game they can tell you what ever they want and still banned you for using a hack even if they say they aren't investigating you. DO NOT TRUST A GM WHEN IT COMES TO HACKING
Vale
Pro Botter

i just thought of this...but do u think there even aloud to tell u in some1 reported u to a GM? >.<
Cooleko
Mod in Training

that is a good point... i think they would have a policy for keeping other peoples GM calls them themselves. They cant just tell you what everyone else is talking to a GM about.
Snoopy
Pro Botter

GM's a pretty anal when telling people about other peoples account info. When my friend got banned for sounding off a newbie, the whole ls started GM calling and they said they couldnt discuss someone elses account with someone other than the persons accout you are discussing. But I'd keep it on the low down atm.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

When i first read this post, the impression i got was....
No, you are not on our suspected hacker list, but since you called us and sounded worried about it, i think i better add you for a while, Have a good day, and please feel safe about using your bots and hacks^^
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

lol And along that line I could easily see some pissed off player who reads about hacks online and then starts /telling people they see that seem to be afk to try to fuck with em.

Return to “FFXI General Chat”