temp suspended

Post anything FFXI releated in here.
veight1089
Helpfull Botter

ok so i was using flee tool. (allows you to run faster)I used it a little carlessly and got cought. GM said we review you zone log and notice that you where moving to fast. He ask what tool where you using i said flee. and he said where gonna have to suspend you for the day. day=24 hour 12? what should i have done in this situation? can anyone help?
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

Well first off,...what speed were you using Flee tool at? When you said you were usin it carelessly, does that mean you were using it in clear view of others? I dont know if you have seen on the forums that Flee tool is VERY detectable or not, but it is. Most of the people that do use it, only set it to Flee speed or Choco speed, but supposedly, even at those speeds, a GM can see it easily that you are cheating if they are in the same zone as you.
Prince
L33t Botter

I keep it on mazurka, only time i set it to flee or higher, when no one is around.
and i logout before i zone if i do so, unless ive been in the zone more then 10 minutes after killing a mob.
veight1089
Helpfull Botter

I just had it on flee speed and I tried zoning twice I then relogged and everything was fine..I thought. About twenty minutes later I was warped to jail with aGM infront of me.

My question is ...should I have played stupid or do they have access to scan my memory to see if I was running and 3rd pt apps? If I did play dumb would I have gotten a worse punishment...dunno just incase this happens again I want to know how to avoid getting in trouble :) thanks
Snoopy
Pro Botter

I use fleetool permanently at flee, unless im in a party or whatever. All you have to say to other people who /tell you about it, is that you're using a hermes quencher which induces flee no matter what job you are. And GM's cannot detect your usage of fleetool, unless that check what job you are and how long you've been moving like that. They only do that if
a) they're bored
b) your account has been flagged before
c) someone reported you
veight1089
Helpfull Botter

But what could I have said to get out of being punished from the GM? I hear playing stupid works? "I don't know why I couldn't zone mister GM sir..."

"ARe you using a flee tool?"

"Whats flee tool o.O?"

"Ok your free to go"

hrmm... maybe I shoulda done that.
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

I guess people dont know how to read the forums. I have said it many times, and so have others. When you use a POS or Flee hack to get from one side of a zone to the other, DONT ZONE RIGHT AWAY, when you zone too fast, it sends a red flag to GMs in the area that you must be using some kind of program.
Snoopy
Pro Botter

if you do get the "you cannot zone" thing, log off right away, log back on and you can zone.
FrankTheTank
Advanced Botter

just got warped to gaol for using flee tool and gm said i am banned for 72 hours and a chance for perma ban ^^ . didnt want to totally lie and say i wasnt using anything cause i didnt want to get perma-banned so i told him that my friend d/l it from xunleashed for me. seemed to buy it cause he said i was only banned for 72h and to log on after that and ask to be warped out.
should i have played dumb or was this not a bad thing to do?
Zamphire

seriously deny using any 3rd party program. i've been put in jail twice already, and gotton off both times becuase i denyed using any programs. I believe they can't REALLY detect that your using it. I think they can see something is wrong, but it could have something to do with lag on your system, or slow ping rates or something. But the second you admit to actually using something they have every right to ban you.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

definitely worth trying as zamp said. For the hacks it is theoretically possible they could detect something but I sorta doubt they would go to the effort of making a function to monitor the specifics so they could proove you did it, instead they instigate code that interferes with hacks and try to scare people into compliance/admittance. On bots however they cannot detect what you are doing terminal side so you can always tell them you use a gamepad with programmed hotkeys on it and you fell asleep on it. Not much they can legitimately do then unless you have a history of actions that makes it obvious it wasn't a accident.
KraVRon

if you do any kind of AFK stuff like raising your smn magic then put up a search comment that says something like this...

{Chat} {Filter} {You can have this}
{Summoning Magic} {Skill} {Up}
{Thank you} {Party} {Thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass}

never been reported yet... but i'm covering my ass just incase.. that way i can play dumb

Return to “FFXI General Chat”