i got caught ; ;.... need some advice

Post anything FFXI releated in here.
darkrift
Pro Botter

i was in labrynth of onzozo and i was sneak and invisible spelled, and someone managed to catch me ; ;... (i didnt know i had been spotted.. no one examined me)

i was on "ape shit" runnin around to get to ose spawn...

yeah.. anyways about 30 min later i get sent to jail where the GM said i was reported speed hacking in that zone. I didnt say anything, and just let the GM explain that i am going to be suspended for 5 days etc...

should i have said i wasnt hacking? ... i just shut up and didnt admit to anything nor did i deny anything...

do they have any proof of me hacking or just went on that person's word? when i log back in after my suspension should i say i was not hacking?

i guess ill stop hacking >.> i dont wanna lose my account... i am sure there going to keep tabs on me now... ; ; /sigh

ohh and one last thing... do they keep all chat log from day 1 until present?

any advice etc... would be helpful...
Zamphire

my advice would have been to definatly deny it. I've been sent to jail twice now and havnt even been suspended. Always deny it, dont even admit to using the windower, because they will suspend you for that.
darkrift
Pro Botter

well thanks for the advice ... but..

i guess my big question is...

do they have proof? if they do i dont want to deny it and get caught lying to them... that looks way worse i think...

unless they are there to witness me do they have proof?

was i suspended based on just someone saying i was speed hacking?
Zamphire

No one really knows for sure what GMs can tell and what they cant. My personal opinion is that they can see something is wrong, but not what. Think of it like the Matrix, where the operator (the guy stareing at the green screen of code) is like, something is wrong here but i cant tell what. I think once they figure out something is wrong they can watch you to see if something is truely wrong. But if you ask me, even if they saw you runing around i'd still deny it. There are alot of things other than 3rd party programs that could effect your speed, like lag and even this one hack someone talked about changing your system clock and that somehow makes you run faster.

So in my opinion, deny it. If they are going to ban you there is nothing you can do about it, so might as well go down fighting.
Gyruss
Advanced Botter

I'm noticing a trend... seems like more and more ppl are being caught speed hacking without anyone apparently "noticing" them and (probably) reporting them to a GM.

If you've been reading any of SE's messages about fighting RMT and Gillselling etc you'll notice they said they keep working on ways to detect ppl cheating or violating the TOS.

I'm wondering if they haven't created some sort of automatic detection tool, maybe an automatic logger/parser for certain events etc
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

I am suspecting that is not the case. I can think of at least on very simple method they could detect it and use almost no resources but if they had done something like that then you would not be seing a handfull of people caught for it you would be seeing 100% banned.
phyllip2004
Advanced Botter

if you were in LoO a puller was probably tabbing around and when it highlighted you he saw the arrow move really fast and stopped to see your name. i've used 2 accounts and found out that if you have someone selected the arrow will move around with them just as fast as you are moving. was probably just a stroke of bad luck. I think one of the flee hacks has a plugin that will automatically turn off if you are in view range of another PC. About the proof, the GM can probably just look at records of your position and see it changing at an odd rate and then you're busted with proof of hacking. Hope this helps.
Jinzoh
Programmer

IT IS CALLED LAUNCHPAD AUTO OFF FLEETOOL =p
it turns off whenever anybody can possibly see u.. like turns off around corners when there is someone there and random cool shit... it is great
Jinzoh
Programmer

Also, i suggest if your going to use it, always go 500% and hope ppl dont see u load + auto off function
darkrift
Pro Botter

k great thanks for the advice...

i think the best bet is to lay low for a long time and hold off on the bots...

then when i get sick of teh new expansion and dont care anymore ill bust it out again lol...
Jinzoh
Programmer

Yea dont use it for a while, and if you do use undetectable FleeTool in Launchpad
Cooleko
Mod in Training

I think the server can detect when you are moving fast. I have noticed many upon many time where my speed will be reset back to normal. If this happens, i always continue running normal speed for a while, then ill continue back to moving fast. Also, if you try to zone to fast, that sends up a "red flag" I tihnk speed violations do the same thing. I have been hacking for almost a year now, and have yet to be caught. and when i say hacking, i mean that there is never a time when i am not hacking at all. If i get caught for flee tools, i am going to say that something is wrong with the timming between my computer and my router (this is very similar to the change your closk ahead one seoncd trick, that gives you super speed boosts) if i am caught warping.... i guess lag could account for it, but i wont claim anything, just deny use of hacking tools. Anyways, all i wanted to point at is there is a memory address where you character speed is located, and if that memory value is changed, there is nothing stoping SE from looking at it and just saying they didnt. (it is against the rules for them to look at your computer, but many security programs today do it, Nprotect and others)
Jinzoh
Programmer

yea, i hack 24/7 to lol.... my fav is to get warp pets then u can jump and they warp to u... i kinda wanted to try this with Kirin one day... claim him, warp, jump and he follows... then just grab some HL pet and beat kirin down lol...

if your going to use FleeToool, i suggest using the auto off one so nobody ever sees
Cooleko
Mod in Training

most NM you cant charm, and i think Kirin is a beastmen or something

Return to “FFXI General Chat”