Mass Banning

Post anything FFXI releated in here.
Zamphire

Here's what POL has to say.

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been permanently suspended.

Based on the results of an investigation, over 2,000 PlayOnline accounts have been either suspended or terminated on Jul. 21, 2006 for the malicious and intentional use of this third-party tool.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (Real Money Trade) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

To ensure our customers could enjoy their games safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
I was one of these people, woke up this morning and saw an email in my mail box and when i logged to check it I was informed I had been banned. Used POS last night to do Assualt.
Zero_Racer
Helpfull Botter

this is bullshit. How the fuck will it encurage RMT. I don know if im one of those but i am temp suspended and i havent used any tools in weeks so im really pissed off.
Zamphire

Yea, it's not jsut windower. My other account that was logged in all night, as well as my wife's account that was logged in are still running just fine. It is bull shit that's for sure. My wife is stareing at three RMT NM campers in Castle O as we speak.
Zero_Racer
Helpfull Botter

This is a bad day for me. I have 2 hrs and 30 mins to kill till they open the service and support and im sure they will be flooded with phone calls and chat.
whopper
Pro Botter

damn im at work atm i better not go home to a banned account i would be sooo pissed
snake4027
L33t Botter

hmmm logged onto my account thinking it would be banned because of running flee tool and talking to a GM at the same time >_> but no i can still log in and play wtf lol.

maybe now there is some type of software they have on there servers that can see what speed you move? and maybe if its not normal sends a file or something to a GM with ID lol
Nimloth
Intermediate Botter

My two accounts suspended aswell >.< I can see why they would ban my 2nd account as I use that to fish bot and I jus PoS around everywhere, but I havn't used hacks on my main account for months so don't really understand why they would suddenly deciede to take action on me hacking a few months ago lol, Hopefully just 72hour, just dinged 72BST as I got suspended aswell ;;
Zamphire

[quote="whopper"]damn im at work atm i better not go home to a banned account i would be sooo pissed[/quotehttps://secure.playonline.com/polplusus/friendlist/login.html

Try to log in, if it tells you you can't, you're banned.
Jinzoh
Programmer

hwo can they know?

this sounds something like getting busted for having something in ur pocket over an illegal search lol... sooo wrong.
and 2k ppl.... is it just me or is that like a whole server worth of ppls
Jinzoh
Programmer

woots not banned
Zamphire

I believe it was only people who were logged in last night, around 10pm CST-2AM CST
Nimloth
Intermediate Botter

I think i was logged on then, but i definaly wasn't using any programs except windower
Zamphire

Nimloth wrote:I think i was logged on then, but i definaly wasn't using any programs except windower
I think what they did, was go in, around that time, and search the logs for any suspicious activity on the charracters logged in within like the last week or so. I was asleep when I got my email, so I know I wasn't using anything when they did the serach.
Nimloth
Intermediate Botter

:/ that sucks, getting ready to contact a GM in a few mins, think they will actually say a specific reason other than "3rd party programs blah blah"?

EDIT: My secord account wasnt logged on at the time so its not just people who were logged on at that time
t0xIc
Pro Botter

Tryed to log this morning to run fish bot while at work and wouldn't let me, must've been banning then, Let me log now I think, but good thing, yesterday I came back to find my little bot running in circles, if I wouldn't have reached my limit I would've been running it last night. ^_^ well hope you guys get back, Perma bans break their balls so plan on coming back most likely

Return to “FFXI General Chat”