Hacking on a 2nd account

Post anything FFXI releated in here.
Nimloth
Intermediate Botter

Just wondering if this is safe? My last account got banned and I'm finally back @ lv.75 and don't want to hack on this account :/ lol.

So I was wondering if I got a new account for mainly fish botting would it be safe? Or could both my accounts be banned if I was caught? Mainly asking this because I can use a different credit card but it will have the same address and name :/
Hammy025
Site Admin

I've heard stories both way, but as far as I know, they only track accounts based on credit card. I picked up a second account last year and put it on a 2nd credit card. The 2nd account got banned back in April, but nothing happened to my main.

With that said, I'd still be very careful with even your seconds account. If you look at POL's website, they have a section on their "special task force". From what I see around vana'diel, their reports are accurate as there are fewer and fewer botters out there. I still fish bot, but never afk for more than 5 minutes or so. I usually just have one system running my fish bot with the sound turned up so I can hear any incoming /tells while I play on a 2nd system.

In general, your main account is probably safe so long as its on a different credit card, but nothing's 100% certain when it comes to SE.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Oh, and btw, when you say "hacking" I think of speed or position hacks. Most people know this, but those are almost guarenteed insta-bans now. I'm fairly sure now that SE has put some sort of automated detection into their software so that if you move faster than you should, it flags a GM or something like that. Still a guess, but they've had plenty of time now to implement it and I don't see a whole lot of people flee'n around anymore.
Nimloth
Intermediate Botter

Okay thanks for the advise, I was mainly thinking of using it to fish bot overnight but i'll put some more thought into it D:
milobiggs
Helpfull Botter

I too have used mulitple second accounts after my first account had been banned. I have not botted or hacked on my new main account as well. I became uber cheap and just bought that $3.99 starter pack, use it for a month then cancel it :P Two of those one month only type of accounts have been banned, one after only two weeks of fishing, but my new main account remains unaffected. It could be that I use my girlfriends credit card and information on my main account, and my credit card info on the botting accounts which has kept me safe. I honestly don't know. One thing I am kinda leery about is when I transfer the gil from the botting account to my main account, is if SE might track that the gil went from a botter to a regular player.
Also, who is to say that they don't track by IP addresses, because if they do, they'd see that my main account and my botting account are coming from the same IP. With all of the talks of mass bannings and having myself seen my first character go into digital oblivion from being banned, I'm seriously debating when this current botting account's free month is up, to just stop botting all together. Alas haven't decided yet :P Hope this helps with your decision, and good luck on it.
whopper
Pro Botter

with windower just log on both accounts just trade the money and not send it via mail its harder for them to track a trade of better yet put a crap iteam in your baz and have your other accoutn buy it for a insane amount
milobiggs
Helpfull Botter

Yeah thats what I've done... throw up an earth crystal for like 500k in bazaar and have the fishing mule buy it off of my main character. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_06.gif" alt="/bling" title="Bling Smile" />
bluemonkey
NewB Botter

How do you have a noise made when you get an incomming tell? I'd love to be able to do that and for more than just afk fishing...
Hammy025
Site Admin

I've been using this for over a year and its never broken. It has options to make noise for other chat filters like examines and name in /say or /shout, but these don't work anymore. The only one's that work for me are /tell and party invite. Its a nice little tool to have.

https://ffxi.earena.net/load.php?mod=fs& ... 38770dd99n
Deatheye
Advanced Botter

Isn't there a sound allready ingame for tells? At least I thought so.. i'm getting a sound for incomming tells. And I don't remember that I used anything for this outside what the game gives us O_o
Hammy025
Site Admin

There is a sound for tells build in (ever since an update like a year and a half ago), but, for me at least, its never been loud enough to actually catch my attention. The other reason I don't use it is that, I often bot on my laptop while I play on my main PC. I turn the in game music and sound effects way down on the laptop, but keep the volume turned up. This way, the normal sound doesn't bother me, but I still get /tell notifications in case people or gm's are checkin up on me. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_15.gif" alt="/:)" title="Smile" />
Anger
Intermediate Botter

Hammy025 wrote:I've been using this for over a year and its never broken. It has options to make noise for other chat filters like examines and name in /say or /shout, but these don't work anymore. The only one's that work for me are /tell and party invite. Its a nice little tool to have.

https://ffxi.earena.net/load.php?mod=fs& ... 38770dd99n
Hey Hammy is that still working? I clicked on the Link but it didn't work for me.

Also about botting on a second account. I was on the phone with the SER's today doing a ban complaint. One of my accounts was banned by association and I didn't have the same credit card but had the same name and address. I had just started a new account that day so I asked the lady if it was going to get banned and she said I needed to change my name, address and CC info and then I would not get banned but just to make sure none of my information was the same as my banned complaint. She even told me to make up an adress or name if I needed to. It was a fun phone conversation.
Hammy025
Site Admin

The chat mon link is gone, but the Windwer guys built a pluggin that's 10x better. You can configure it to play sounds based on whatever you want in the chat log.

And thanks for posting about your phone conversation, that's good to know!
Samurai2k6
Intermediate Botter

I got LM-17 a few weeks ago, and that toon was a tough one to loose. I just wanted to reiterate that SE will definitely ban your ass by what they call ' association. ' --- If you've EVER had a SINGLE account banned that was made with your info, SE adds you to a 'blacklist' and will continually ban whatever new accounts you make using the same information. With my experience, seperate credit cards don't make a difference anymore.

I had two accounts banned (both on different credit cards), one that had my main and the other was my 96 fisher. I took every precaution to avoid suspicion. Never went afk, never sold my black sole on the AH, and even went as far as getting the guild items for my fisher. Regardless, the STF hit me with LM-17 on BOTH accounts. And get this - - I HAD ZERO STRIKES [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_46.gif" alt="/><" title="angry" /> .

Apparently, SE considers my previously banned account warning enough.

Ive been calling and writing SE trying to bitch my way back to my character, but its not working. Their call center blows. The ONLY way you can get a banned toon back is by proving that your account was compromised.

So just a heads-up to you people considering coming back - do as the poster above said, make up some fake information. Use a new credit card. If you don't want to apply for one you can call a bank, they issue temporary credit cards for internet transactions. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_17.gif" alt="/con" title="Concentrate" />

I think ill try my luck on Caitsith when I pick up some new FFXI keys [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_15.gif" alt="/:)" title="Smile" />
Bellflower
Helpfull Botter

Wow, that's awful Samurai... I guess SE is just getting real crazy about this stuff.

How did they catch you though in order to ban if you never went AFK and all that stuff? Just by pure association with your previously banned account? Did you go AFK on your other banned account or something?

This stuff is so scary. I wish it'd be easier to make gil from BCNM's on a regular basis or something.

Return to “FFXI General Chat”