i need help please

Post anything FFXI releated in here.
minasha
Helpfull Botter

hello,
i'm using EU version(french) of game,
when i use quickmac or mygear for make script,
the both do with english name so script don't work.
why in english ? i'm play French version...
someone can help to fix my probleme.
thank you
Hammy025
Site Admin

I know of another French user on the forums. Let me ask him what he does and get back to you.
minasha
Helpfull Botter

merci beaucoup. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_12.gif" alt="/:))" title="Smile 2" />
Joe42
Pro Botter

Unfortunately I play the EU version, but with all settings set to English. And that's exactly because I had so many issues with windower plugins, etc, that I decided to do that.
Now I can temporarily switch to French if you want me to do a test or 2....
Let me know,

-Joe
Hammy025
Site Admin

After talking to Joe about it, I think to fully support multiple languages I would have to do the following:
1. Add the translated commands for all languages (ie /fish, /tell, /equip, etc). Minor addition for French since we have users. Somewhat problematic for other languages.
2. Create a different FFXIThings.dll for each language and let the user select which to download. Moderate addition, very doable.
3. Add all of the fish, bait, and rods to the database in each language and use the appropriate one based on the user selected language. Again, moderate addition, doable.
4. Be able to parse the chat log differently based on each language. For instance, in English when you catch a fish, I check the log for "Name caught a <fish name>". I would have to know how to do this in each language. Since there is no common database from which I could get this information, it is MUCH more problematic, especially since it's not just when catching a fish. I parse the chat log for lots of information already and plan to add MUCH more as time goes on, especially for the PL bot. This is a problem that I don't think I can solve easily enough to make Iocaine usable in the other POL supported languages.

Bottom line, due to #4, I don't think I will be able to support languages other than English. Your best option would be to do as Joe mentioned and, while you bot, change your language settings to English. I wish Americans were taught foreign languages to a better degree so that I could help here, but my 4 years of Spanish in high school barely lets me order a meal at a Mexican restaurant, and certainly doesn't apply to FFXI.

Sorry for the inconvenience /:(
minasha
Helpfull Botter

thank you for ur work but i think u don't understand me request,
on quickmac folder you have:
quickmac.exe
fface.ddl
resources.xml

quickmac for write name of stuff he use resources files because in this file writed all stuff id but in english version.
i think same resources in french version exist but where i can find it, that is the question.
Hammy025
Site Admin

I'm still not sure I understand (if you post in French I can have Joe translate for me ^.^). I don't know what quickmac is, so I can't really help much. But I DO know that Windower uses a file called resources.xml which contains all spells, job abilities, and items in all 4 languages. This file is found in your windower directory => plugins folder. You can find each spell/JA/item name and it's translations. For example:

Code: Select all

<entry id="15" index="15" prefix="/magic" english="Paralyna" german="Paralyna" french="CuraParalysie" japanese="パラナ" type="WhiteMagic" element="Light" targets="Self, Party, Ally, NPC" skill="HealingMagic" mpcost="12" casttime="1" recast="5" />
Sorry if I'm still not understanding.
minasha
Helpfull Botter

u take the good way for what i need,
this resources u show me is in 4 language only for spell and abilities, it are not in other language que english and that what i need.
Joe42
Pro Botter

Pourrez-tu me dire exactement en francais ce qui cloche ? Je n'utilise pas QuickMac, mais je peux jeter un oeil....

-Joe
minasha
Helpfull Botter

ben la je m apprete a sortir donc je te dit vite fait, apres si tu a skype ce serait le top pour en parler.
donc le logiciel quickmac utilise un fichier resource en .xml
il y a donc les ID des items avec leur nom en anglais je voudrait donc la mm chose mais avec les nom en francais pour me fasse des scrit en fr.
freekyboy05
Mod in Training

minasha
Helpfull Botter

well i go any solution to fix my problem,
i'll do all my macro with my hands [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_13.gif" alt="/:(" title="Frown" />
freekyboy05
Mod in Training

Macros, I use the servers to save my macros. CTRL+Shift+b then CTRL+Shift+r I think. You gotta do it just before you click on your toons to sign in. Also I make sure I back up all my files onto a ghost imagine.
Hammy025
Site Admin

minasha wrote:well i go any solution to fix my problem,
i'll do all my macro with my hands [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_13.gif" alt="/:(" title="Frown" />
After talking to Joe, I think I somewhat understand the problem and the fact may be, the file that you want does not exist. You can always create it yourself ^.^
Joe42
Pro Botter

Yes, the idea was to fool QuickMac, which is apparently not designed to work on non-english, by providing it a french resources.xml.
Unfortunately, as far as I know, this file does not exist (the only french things we have are multi-language versions, meaning that QuickMac would have to be modified).

I suggest posting on QuickMac forum...!

-Joe

Return to “FFXI General Chat”