Massive tabbing?

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Provoking software.
stinkymithra

does this provoke bot just tab throught the area till it finds the mob you want really fast and then provokes it? or does it just provoke the nearest mob ?

IF this utilizes the tabbing function then it is easily detectable by anyone paying attention and sees a players head moving whicked fast. And it will never work against the more sophicated bots i want a bot that will get claim on fafnir amonst all the flys in the room. Having it spawned claimed time after time even with my fast connection and computer seems to me there is a program out there that will do just that.
burners
Site Admin

It just tabs the nearest mob voke then hits esc to deselect.
Badgerflips
Intermediate Botter

Just tested, this doesn't displace mobs like fastfingers, but it isn't as subject to being violated by updates either.
zonecode88

Having it spawned claimed time after time even with my fast connection and computer seems to me there is a program out there that will do just that.
When it spawns claimed, see who is fighting it. If the player who is fighting it is Japanese, thats your answer, as I'm sure you know that they have about a 2 second advantage over NA players, due to geographical lag (SE servers are in Japan).
IF this utilizes the tabbing function then it is easily detectable by anyone paying attention and sees a players head moving whicked fast.
This is true, but most players (or just me maybe ) would assume you are just hitting the /targetnpc, /ja "Provoke" <t> macro and esc really fast. It does the same thing, and if you have fast fingers you can make your avatar's head turn just as fast as the bot would.
Badgerflips
Intermediate Botter

As far as the tabbing goes, I think that would be relatively ineffeicient. What I meant by mob displacement is, that on the most successful vokebot I've used, the only mob that ever becomes visible on your screen is the one you wish to claim. Kinda weird at first because you see people swinging at the air, but for mobs like fafnir, it's the only way NA hnmls's ever beat jp. The room has to be full of flys and a displacing bot in use for NA to even compete.
burners
Site Admin

How does the bot you speak of work ?
Maybe I can make one.
zonecode88

As far as the tabbing goes, I think that would be relatively ineffeicient. What I meant by mob displacement is, that on the most successful vokebot I've used, the only mob that ever becomes visible on your screen is the one you wish to claim. Kinda weird at first because you see people swinging at the air, but for mobs like fafnir, it's the only way NA hnmls's ever beat jp. The room has to be full of flys and a displacing bot in use for NA to even compete.
Hrmm, I may be waaay off on this, but does this program have anything to do with a so-called "packet sniffer" ? I heared a packet sniffer can tell which mobs are going to spawn and where (including NMs). Granted, Im far from knowledgeable in the area, but I heared a packet sniffer intercepts code or somethin like that incoming from the SE server. I once saw a screenshot of one that had a map, and sort of like the Ranger Job Ability Widescan type display, however this screenshot was in japanese.
Badgerflips
Intermediate Botter

I'm not sure of specifics, the simplest one I've seen is one called FastFingers. I had the 3.3 version, but It was ruined by an update a while back. I think SE changes memory addresses randomly and it was afffecting the bot. Here's the latest link if you wanted to email the guy to collaborate, he used to have the DL's posted for free but I think people were just leeching the software. https://www.geocities.com/fingersforall/index.html

His GUI is pretty clean, and the mob list is supposedly now customizable in his latest version, so it might be pixel based now to get around the memory address issues, not sure. Anyways, you guys are the script experts, I hope this helps spark the creativity. lol
burners
Site Admin

You still have that old fast fingers version ?

Id like to take a peek at it even knowing it doesnt work.
whateva2

My understanding of how it works, the displacement at least, is temporarily renaming the graphic img files for the mobs you don't want to appear so it loads an empty image for them and they don't appear on your screen. I don't know how it helps with claiming something though.

Return to “Help - Provoking Bot”