Error during update

Post here for specific Help with the 7in1 Utility
Gennafer
NewB Botter

I tried to start the program, which always worked before, it went to update then I got an error file. I uninstalled the program thinking I would reinstall it and now the forum says I don't have access. Help please.
vadrian
NewB Botter

I did the same, opened it, it updated, then I got this error and it won't open at all anymore:

burners
Site Admin

hmmm must have deleted that one.

Ill fix it as soon as I can

Why u guys runnin the 7in1 anyway? you should be checking out the new beta :)
burners
Site Admin

Ok I see the problem, your config file didnt update.

This is why there was a HUGE problem with releaseing the new rogue tools and changing the directory structure of the old tools and still making everything work for the new user.

This should be a problem any more becuse all the new installers have a check function if the file was replaced and if not they force a restart, I tried to minic the opertaion but of course you will always have a few people that it just doesnt work for.

SO heres the solution./

RESTART WINDOWS.
GO into your ffxiscripting folder, it should be under program files/ffxiscripting/

DELETE everything inside, if you have problem deleting a file and get an error then MOVE that file to the desktop, DELETE everything else in there.

restart again IF you got an error.
If not proceed.

Redownload the 7in1 and install just like it was your first time.

Should fix the problem and ensure it doesnt come back.

And if your wondering why the file wont delete sometimes its because its something with the installer package I use, for some reason it likes to grab onto the main executable file and wont release it when its not in use.

This is also PART of the reason the main executable file for the new rogue tools is just a total BS file that runs the real main file.

Return to “Help - RT 7in1 GUI”