Problem when starting POL and going to Full Screen (crash)

Post here for specific Help with the 7in1 Utility
burners
Site Admin

If your ffxi crashes to desktop when going fullscreen then read this

First the problem is not our software, which is why only 1 out of about 100 people encounter this.

1- Try to reboot computer and try again
2- Make sure your not using any windower program, the windower is built in, no need to launch anything but our software.
3- Download Spybot s&d https://users.belgacom.net/bn908936/Spyb ... oading.htm
Make sure you have no spyware
4- Reboot and run Spybot s&d again just to make sure its all gone
5- Try a virus scan https://housecall.trendmicro.com/houseca ... t_corp.asp
6- Run a memory test on your ram for bad ram https://www.memtest86.com/#download0
7- Check your CPU temp and GPU temp

If the problem still exists all I can say is reinstall windows.
Rude Hack

Ill give each of these methods a shot (except for reinstalling windows - its practically a brand new pc :P)

hopefully they work - if not looks like im stuck with finger tapping

story of my life
Rude Hack

No luck getting it to work, I dont know why the windower feature kicks me out.
burners
Site Admin

Do some searches on the forum because I think someone else had this problem and they found out what it was.

I think it was from stuff running the background, 1 application specifically.

Do a ctrl + alt + del and see whats running under process's
Myndbullets

I just got xp and know nothing about it but i remeber seeing some crap about blocking potentialy harmful windows while I was doing the whole 1st time setup. I don't know if this was just refering to the IE pop-up blocker or if it's something that could be stopping the FFXI window from opening. Anyway I cant't find any menu to change this option so I don't even know if it exists. If you know what I'm talking about please tell me how to change this setting so i can try to get things up and running.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

Regardless of whether that feature is the problem or not the first thing you should do is, as Burners instructed, check your taskmanager by hitting ctrl+alt+del at the same time and seeing what programs and processes are currently running on your PC. You only actually need like 2-3 things running but some additional ones are helpful. Write down the programs that are running so that you can try to identify them, compare against the aforementioned posts on forum, and if nothing else so you can let anyone who is trying to help you troubleshoot it know what you got running in the background. Anyways best of luck and just try to have as much information as possible about your system on hand for when trying to find the problem.
Wazikanof
Intermediate Botter

Restored Master Image and everything is aok now. Cheers.
gobrowns
Helpfull Botter

i tried all the steps that Burners gave and no luck pol still crashes every time when windower is up
Anagorith

well do u have a dell usually alot of poeple have a problem with the windower when using a dell i know i do i havent gotten ffxiscripting yet so hopefully it works lol.
burners
Site Admin

yeah my dell laptop does it 80% of the time.

Its reboot, try again basically till it works.

Everytime I use ctrl+alt+del to kill useless tasks and I think I narrowed it down to which 2 do it.

One is to control my fans and another is my yzshadow program.

Main problem is the computer is just slow and old, when it happens its usally because of a memory dump meaning u dont have enough free ram and or ur cpu is just slow.

My ram on laptop is 512mb

Return to “Help - RT 7in1 GUI”