Runway bot in circles Temp Fix

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
burners
Site Admin

try to position your character so the fish hp bar is in a dark place, like right where the water is.

Ill post a screen shot later
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by burners on Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Badgerflips
Intermediate Botter

As of right now, I have been botting mostly unattended with the above suggestion in effect since right after you posted it and no run around. Worst I've seen is a few targetnpcs's happen, but no runnin.
burners
Site Admin

target NPC or even PC is supposed to happen after you dont catch a fish.

It wont chat though.
McSwifty

Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet about "runners", but from what I've noticed, it only happens when the message "You don't know how much longer you can keep the fish on the line" appears AND the fish's stamina is depleted at that time.

When you are fishing normally (non-bot) and you go to reel in a fish at the same time that message appears, you will not reel in the fish and you will have to hit confirm again to reel the fish in.

Hopefully that helps in the resolution.

Great job on the bot though, I can now read or do something else while my but racks up the insane number of carp needed for Lu Shang's.

Good job burner :))
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

I fish in windy woods behind the Maustery or whatever its called. I had to move though, because a couple people asked me questions while I was afk, and when I didnt reply after like 10 mins, they started asking if I was a fishbotter, I denied it and just said my lil brother was fishing for me and was a newb. Too bad you cant turn /t chat filters on, you can only put them on hold. So after that happened I moved North where the other end of the river tunnel is to fish, and I came accross a problem. After I had been fishing AFk for about 30 mins at the new place near those giraff things, I caught a fish that said "You are positive you cannot catch this fish" and the bot had a problem catching it, it couldnt even get the HP bar of the fish 20% down, then right after I lose that catch, my character started running around in circles. I had to take over and make it stop. But that kinda sucked. Just putting this out here, maybe others are having the same problem. See you again, take care.
Snoopy
Pro Botter

yea this happened to me too, i left it on for a while and when i came back it had run into something and was on auto run. O by the way, the best way to stop people from /tell-ing you is by going on away status, not friend list away but type /away. This will stop all tells from comming to you, but the only problem i have with this is that it may seem obvious now that you are botting... i don't know but that's my personal interpretation of it. :\
acuik

I am experiencing the same issue that I am sure everyone that is running the bot has, your chr RUNS AWAY. What I have noticed and some1 already posted this, is that you chr only runs away when the text reads : YOU ARE NOT SURE HOW MUCH LONGER YOU CAN KEEP THIS FISH ON THE LINE. If after that you are able to reel the fish in then no problem, but if it displays lost catch then your chr starts running around in circles. Can we please get this problem fixed, I know you guys have worked very hard to bring this product to us and I greatly appreciate it. Oh, another thing, can you also see if you can modify the bot to not reel in monsters. I have noticed that 100% of the time that after the you get a bite comment there are 3 !!! it is a monster, can you guys make it so when that appears the line gets pulled back.
Thanks in advance and great job in the bot. :F [/quote]
ccc726040
Advanced Botter

MMMMmm Pie...Pie pie pie pie.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

If anyone has any ideas to further limit the running incident( dark background definitely cut it down) that would be great. I may see if resetting helps once it starts because once it happens the first time for me it normally keeps starting up after 3-15minutes after getting it going again. On the plus side since using dark background I've only been getting the problem towards the end of a day of botting. :)
Keep up the good work and thanx for the help.
Blackhalo
Botter on the rise

Use first person view when fishing so when the character starts to circle , the character will circle on the spot instead of running around. Eventually (alt 1) /fish will be called and if you are facing the right direction as you are circling, it will start fishing again.

So it would be nice to find a spot where you can fish in multiple directions to increase the chances that you can actually fish when /fish is called.

Hope this helps.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

lol Great suggestion i'll have to try it tonight. Any idea if once it successfully fishes again it stops circling?
acuik

Blackhalo thanks for the incredible info. The black background tip works great but your recommendation of first person view is just awesome. My fishing results increased tremendously after trying this out and not ending runnig around all over West Ronfaure. This definetely works and after you fish successfully once again the bot will continue to work until you get that dreaded message once more. 8)
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

:blingsmile: Sweet! Thanks for checking that Acuik. I was just about to try it myself when I checked the forum. Lookin forward to tonight :)
bigbguy

hey Burners could you do something with this? https://ffxi.archbell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1740
hope this can and will help.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

:blingsmile: Once again I have to thank Blackhalo for the FPV suggestion, I'm now running the normal bot 24/7 without any issues.

One thing I found to capitolize on this, at least for moats and lvling 50-56, is to fish standing in the middle of a bridge/walkway in windy waters. From the middle of the walkways you can /fish in about 270/360 degree's arround you so I only get the "you can't fish here" message at most like 5-6 times in a row. Normally it doesn't even appear since most of the time it is able to /fish on the first try after it starts spinning.

Anyways hope it helps others out, I'm sure there are oter similar area's like docks etc.

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”