Finshing to 60?

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

Is it worth it to bot my way to 60, i want 100 in cooking, so i am not going to go all the way wth fishing... So is it worth it to only get fishing to 60? I am not sure what lvl i have to be to catch the ingredients to sushi.
Thyguy
Helpfull Botter

I'd get it 100 just for the hell of it.
Burrito
Pro Botter

You can get both fishing and cooking to 100. Fishing doesn't count towards only having 40 levels in crafts beyond 60. So, yes its worth it, but you really ought to get it to 100. Black Sole used to make sole sushi cap at like 96 fishing I think.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

WOW, i guess i better think about fishing.... this is going to take a LONG LONG time.... anyone know how many months it takes to get to 100 fishing?
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

nope but after about lvl 47 it slowed way way down for me.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

okay, so what you are saying is that my fishing skill does not use up any of the 40 points that i have to place beyond 60.....
So i can have fishing at 100, and cooking at 100, and then every other skill up to 60?
I know i can get one to 100, but then i cant get anything else beyond 60.
So does this not apply to fishing?
ernielim0216
Intermediate Botter

once you hit 55 fishing things slow down a lot. I let my bot run every day and I get about 1 level every day or two. So to go from 60-100 I'm thinking it might take me 2-3 months. Kinda sucks. But I'm making a lot of money doing it.:)
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

Heya Ern what did you fish between 50-60? cause I catch so many moats going after golds that skill ups are hella slow.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

yes, please indulge my geredy soul with this juicy information....
ernielim0216
Intermediate Botter

To get to 56 I used a shrimp lure and went after only gold carp. 56-60 was the most painfull period of my fishing days. Right around here is when I went for the Lu Shangs rod. After that I was fishing on the boat for a while fishing up marlin and noble lady but that was a pain. So right around 60 I just started camping out in port windy. Broke out my Lu Shangs and a minnow lure and started fishing for Bream. Even though they are way above my fishing level still managed to catch them. Went from 60-76 so far on Bream. Going to go for 86 which is supposed to be the cap on them then move on to Sole. Good luck and don't burn out. I hate fishing now but its the easiest way to make money right now since I don't really have time to play i just turn on the bot and go to work.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

So nonone is getting caught using this bot afk anymore? is it safe for me to start lvling using the bot?
ernielim0216
Intermediate Botter

If you AFK bot there is a chance that you will get into trouble. No one can ever say there is no chance of not getting caught. I think thought as long as you're not pissing someone off and you stay out of the way most people will just ignore you and you should be fine. But no guarantees.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

There is no way for them to detect the bot server side but if you have the wrang macro listed(say a shout) then you could get in trouble for spamming it. The only other thing, which you could probably talk yur way out of, is if you do not put the bot in first person view then you might start just running in circles when you miss a fish. But in first person view and set up correctly the only way you could possibly get in trouble is for not responding to a GM's tell which won't happen unless you do something stupid to piss other people off.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

okay, thanks... i might have to try and get FFASSIST running so i can get the tell alert.

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”