New Bot Hangs Up

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
Jelia
Pro Botter

Reset after few min with an error $dca=$dca+1
.... cant use undeclared variable.
endersblade

I get the same error message...

I also have the problem that the bot doesn't even TRY to reel in fish...it just sits there...the Fish's stamina bar goes down a bit here and there, but never all the way, and doesn't even try to "catch" the fish. It eventually just loses every catch.
burners
Site Admin

OK working on it right now, I had to get some sleep earlier.

Will be done soon.
burners
Site Admin

New version uploaded, should fix the $dca and other error
endersblade

Ok, the Error seems to be gone, and it fights fish now...but it only fights in ONE direction! It only pulls to the right, and I've lost two lures to this bot already due to it just randomly trying to reel fish in (one time the fish was at full health!) I've been an avid follower of your bots, but sheesh...no offense, but this one needs work.

My Res is set to what you said, I don't even mess with the camera...and all my filters are on. I can't think of anything else that's messing with it...
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

i've been getting a dif error but seems to run a long time in between and just downloaded the new edition so maybe gone now(will write down mssg if it recurrs). But honestly this program looks like it has tons of potential and we have to keep in mind that this is still beta lvl release essentialy. Can't epect the reliability of final product at this stage so i'd sugggest using the cheeper baits/lures that you can for any particular fish and sending burners any detailed messages on the problems so they can be addressed as the program is worked on. BTW looking great so far, can't wait to sink my teeth into the final product once it's done. :grin:
burners
Site Admin

Evildr - I fxied 2 errors not just the one mentioned. I spotted another problem as I was fixing the one.

Endersblade - Do you see your frames per second in the upper left hand corner drop to like 2 frames per second when your fighting a fish ?
If so then your good. Heres why I seems the bot only pull to the right, I also got a pm saying it only pulled to the left, so trust me its trying both ways.

Right now AFK only has the rod location for RIGHT, no LEFT or no CENTER, so there is 66% guessing going on with the bot right now.
Also right now the bot lags the computer so hard that sometims it skippes its own line of code that tells it to check he pole posistion. What happens then is if you notice your rod is right and its only pulling right then just wait for the rod to switch left, because once it does the rod wont have a chance in hell to switch back to right because it should reel in just that fast.

Plus once again this is just a beta and working out the bugs is why its released, different bugs on different machines and right now I only have my main comp and my laptop to test on.

I already fixed 4 errors that without you guys would have probably took me another 2-3 days to find.

Thanks and please bear with me on the dev process.
endersblade

No, my FPS doesn't change...hangs around 27-29 all the time.
burners
Site Admin

Then its not working, please pm me
Jelia
Pro Botter

Thank you,
first for the super fast fix.
2nd for this perfect bot, I caught about 8 stacks of carp with no problem whatsoever.
Version 1.17 is great thank you Burners for your hard work
Bobbuilder
Botter on the rise

the problem im having is, once i catch a fish, the screen freezes up eventually causing me to be disconnected from Play online. Iv found, that if my mouse is moved, it seems to "force refresh" the screen, at which time the bot reals in the fish perfectly. iv gotten around this, by attatching one end of a rubber band to a box fan and the other end to my mouse >,< (workable workaround)... if you have any idea as to whats causing this, please let me know.
ty :-)
burners
Site Admin

Bobbuilder wrote:the problem im having is, once i catch a fish, the screen freezes up eventually causing me to be disconnected from Play online. Iv found, that if my mouse is moved, it seems to "force refresh" the screen, at which time the bot reals in the fish perfectly. iv gotten around this, by attatching one end of a rubber band to a box fan and the other end to my mouse >,< (workable workaround)... if you have any idea as to whats causing this, please let me know.
ty :-)

Sounds like some bad hardware, either a cpu that is too far overclocked/ under cooled or a bad stick of ram.

Run memtest86 , let it run for about an hour.
You have to run this prgram in dos so make a bootdisk.
The program is free, just google it.
You should get back 0 errors
zonecode88

Oh boy yes, I like this bot so far. However, I am also having the problem that it only reels in in one direction per fish. it will catch alot of fish, but sometimes it just lets the rod sit there while the fish is pulling, and I'll lose the fish. My fps are a constant 28-29, and when the bot is working it drops down some, to like 15 fps. I have a pretty fast computer (p4 3.0ghz; 6600gt, 1gb RAM), but from what I read I thought it was supposed to drop lower than that. And when the "one direction" problem happens, and the fish pulls in the direction that the bot "likes", it doesnt go fast enough to reel it in before the fish goes to the "bad" side again, ususally. I just figured I'd let my problem known to you, Burners. Anyway, good work, and thanks.
JStain

i notice the same thing that when it starts with the fish that just got on the line it only pulls in the first direction its facing either left or right but its only let a fish go from something like that about 10 times out of.......... a lot and im fishing in a spot that always says something like "Your to noobish to fish here get out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat" but it still reels stuff in in like 2-5 secs so awesome lol

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”