24 Hour Maximim fish catch limit

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
zonecode88

Ok, the other night I was fishing and I got 22 "You didn't catch anything"s in a row. This makes it obvious that I hit the maximum amount of fish caught in one day. The next day, I started fishing around noon... By 10pm I was getting the same message (limitless "You didn't catch anythings"). From what I've seen, I only caught between one and two hundred fish (probly around 150). I tried waiting fishing every hour for another three hours after that, and I couldn't get even one bite. Now i heared about this 24 hour fish limit before, but what I don't get is a couple things about how the timer exactly works...This is how i THINK it works so far, though I wish it didn't.... Start fishing at 11:00am....fish until I catch the limit (around 150 fish), then I CANNOT catch another fish till the timer goes to 24hrs from when I started fishing (11:00am the next day)....At first I was hoping that it worked another way...... Start fishing, catch the total.... then wait one hour, and the game would let you catch what you caught in the first hour of your start of fishing....Safe to say this 24hr limit pisses me right off, as I want my damn LuShang's already (4700 carp left ^^ ) Let me know if anyone has any information on this.
zonecode88

OK, I did some more testing today on this matter. I started fishing at about 2pm today. I zoned almost every hour, I also kept track of the amount of fish i caught.... It was about 5pm when I caught the day's limit of fish. I assume I caught the limit because i got 10 "You didn't catch anything"s in a row, then I zoned and got 10 more of that message. I counted all the fish I caught and the number was an astonishing 112 fish. thats 22 sandfish and 90 moat carp. Now my problem now is, when are they gonna let me catch another fish? If its not until 2pm tomorrow, then that's just terrible. 112 fish per day wont make me enough gil (or get my LuShangs soon enough ). I'll let my findings known, if there are any. ^^
burners
Site Admin

If anything its on the japanese 24hr clock like everything else in the game.

I forgot when its 12a.m. there but whenever it is should be when the game resets.
Maybe its 12p.m. also, I dunno, find out when there day resets based on whatever time zone you are in.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

yeah it's the standard JP 24hour timer, when i was saying 12PM I was meaning midnight(woops). For reference for North America users thats 9-9:30 AM PST. I'm assuming everyone can do the modifications for time zones in US. Oh and thats quetzacoatl server, not sure if dif servers reset at dif times. But either way the national influence next tally time listed in game is exact so you can get it from there.
zonecode88

But either way the national influence next tally time listed in game is exact so you can get it from there.
What do you mean? next tally time? what is that? lol and where, in game, can i find this?
Monopy

I just no that when i did fish alot. At 10am EST it got reset and i caught fish again. SO im pretty sure its around 10am EST.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

well the reset time may be server specific, as i said i'm on quetzalcoatl. As for the tally check, are you familliar with the conquest points you get for killing mobs when you have signet on and the regional influence system? If not all you really need to do to check is go into the main menu when you are outside of town. Near the bottom of the first main menu page (second from bottom if i remeber correctly) there is the button for region info. After you select this it will show the ragional map showing which nation controls which regions. Also on this screen in a little window there should be a timer saying how many hours left till next tally. This is a countdown till the weekly server reset which is done at the same time of day as the daily server reset. So if you check what time the server will reset at the next tally you know what time of day you can fish again :blingsmile: .
DimlyLit

I'm on Bahamut server. Reset time was 10:00 am EST before daylight savings, but since daylight savings its 11:00 am EDT.
zonecode88

Thanks, guys, for the info on the server reset times. So I only counted once, but when I counted the maximum fish caught for one day it was exactly 112. If anyone else counted, did you get the same number? I wonder if the number can change, if it is conditional on something like fishing skill or not.
Stanky
Helpfull Botter

ok i have a question wit the 24 hr limit,
If i hit the limit wit my main character, and then log on my mule would that limit still go into effect? Or could i fish wit my mule to to the next limit?
zonecode88

I'm not certain, but I imagine a mule would be considered a seperate character and therefore you could fish until you caught the limit once more. This is the only thing that has me contemplating buying a mule....(or two or three) ^^
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

:grin: You can definitely still fish on mule! I run the bot almost 24/7 since i am busy with school and am able to by switching between my main and 2 mules :blingsmile: . So definitely use your mule and have fun. Oh and keep in mind that the timer can reset mid botting so if a char is fishing when the daily timer turns over it will start it's limit for the next day. This is great if you've got the inventory room and enough bait but can be a waste if you don't. I normally have my main fish during this section since it can hold fish for about 2.5 sessions and plenty of bait for it. Anyways as i said knock yourself out! :DD
ffxiplayers
Botter on the rise

About a LogOut function.

Since there is a limt on how much fishing you can do per day, might be best to have the program log you out after 4,6,8 hour sessions.
This way you can leave your computer knowing it will not continue to catch nothing. Reducing the change of being caught.

It will be cool if you could add that to the ingame dialog box, but the startup screen works too.
But, it might be easier to auto logout after 16 rows of:
"You didn't catch anything"

My personal fishing limit is about ~6hours. I think 16 rows of catching nothing is high enough.
zonecode88

ffxiplayers, you took the words right out of my mouth :blingsmile: . Any sort of selectable sleep timer would be a great and practical option.
burners
Site Admin

I like the "You didnt catch anything" route better then a timer, I use enough timers and I dont want any to reset others.

I think in the next version Ill add a drop down box you so you can select how many "You didnt catch anything" before you wanna log out.

Ill make it go from like 1-99

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”