bot turns me around?

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
SmyrkingRevenge

After a short period of time, maybe 30min to 1 hour, the bot turns me around so I am no longer facing the water. When AFK this poses a problem, because after that it no longer makes me face the water again. Anyone else have this?
burners
Site Admin

Are you using full size keyboard?
SmyrkingRevenge

not sure, which keyboard type should i be using? (can't log in 'cause of maintenance)
zonecode88

You are supposed to use full-size... (but I use compact size and it works perfectly, shhhhhh. ;) )
burners
Site Admin

Yeah this is first I heard of bot turning you around
SmyrkingRevenge

i'll double check that i'm using full size keyboard, it never turned me around before ^^

i'll post results )
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

I saw this happen the other day myself but it occurred because I thought the bot had paused and went to move the mouse just as the script kicked off again, dunno what exactly caused the direction turn result but i did a 60 degree turn w/o moving apparently cause cursor moved incorrectly mid script. Not a concern but thought i'd mention it since i saw it happen.
zonecode88

Just an idea on the possible "turn around" problem. Sometimes when my character is just standing still (no bots or windower, straight ffxi only) my guy would periodicaly turn and face a different direction. The only time i really noticed this, however, was in Jeuno. Which makes me think this has a connection with alot of lag. Were you fishing in a laggy zone? When your character changes directions, note the ping readout in the upper right corner. If the ping is very high when this happens (anything over 900 in either direction, either sent or received), try going to a more remote zone with less characters and therefore less lag. If, in a lag-free zone your character still rotates, then my theory is totally wrong....just tryin to help troubleshoot. Good Luck. ^^
omega6

Your character turning around happens in a lot of places, with or without a bot. For example if you place your character in Crawler's Nest on a busy day, your character will turn clockwise every 5 mins or so. It's just the Lag.

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”