Bot Not Dropping Drop Items *Fix*

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
Drbones420
Advanced Botter

Even worse mine stalled all night on a copper ring, just sat there with items screen open, and wont drop the items
jon411
Helpfull Botter

yea the drop feature is definately messed up it keeps sorting after catching them and drops every once in a while, and yes all my settings are correct.
Brian

This bot sucks, you know if there was another you would use it.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

lol what did you do copy and paste your complaint in all your forum posts?

BTW did you even bother to try to ask for help when you coulodn't get it runing on your machine?
frankshotdogs
Helpfull Botter

i was waiting for a fix for this but i tried setting filters rightway and it didnt matter i turn all filters and and it doesnt work either last night i missed 6 maybe 7 stacks of fish because of this plz post why you think this is happening or the fix for it
frankshotdogs
Helpfull Botter

Drbones420 wrote:ok i left it overnight last night and i'm kinda dissappointed, still not droppin rusty legs and subligars, i had 15 subligars and 9 leggings or the other way around cant remember, and while inventory was full from those i kept tossing up to 3 stacks of moat carps as well as all the crap rusty's etc. please please please help me out, i'm not using the hyper bot cause it never works, ( i think i doesnt replace the DLL's properly, at least before when it worked for everyone else.) anyway, anything to help me drop these friggen rusty's will be amazing. tyvm peace out burners crew

Send me a message if you ever got his problem fixed
Thyguy
Helpfull Botter

Well, everything on my bot is working fine except it isn't dumping rusty leggings. I've even watched it for a little while, and it drops all the junk but them, no matter what. No real problem, but I fear I'll leave and come back to a screen full of me catching fish, and putting them back regretfully. :drunk:

edit: oh and since people are talking about the catch percentage. This is mine usually. I'm using a mule with level 10 fishing, and my main need is moat carp.

North Sandoria by the lumber yard.
Stacks of insect paste: 25
Moat carp: 173
Tricolored carp: 69
total fish caught: 242 (fish time reset while fishing)
junk items: 9 (4 rusty buckets, 5 leggings)
(estimated) failed to reel in: 49
Failure percentage: roughly 25%

So I don't have much to complain about with a 3 in twelve change of failure, except the leggings.
Last edited by Thyguy on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diemos
Pro Botter

As annoying as this problem is, people shouldn't leave their bots unattended.
If you fish up rusty gear, just pause the bot and drop it manually until the problem is fixed. Don't just sit here and complain to the person who is producing something you could never do. Stop bitching.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

I totally agree Diemos. I used to run the bot 24/7 between multiple characters and even leaving it running overnight I didn't loose much in the way of fish because of full inv. The bot drops everything except rusty leggings if you have it set up properly and leggings are not the most common rusty. Even on my mules which only have an inventory of 30 I normally will get at most about 8 rusty leggings in inventory which if you only have fishing gear and bait on you leaves plenty of room for catch's since it is unusual to get more then 15 or so stacks before hitting your daily limit of catch's. Also if you're that worried about the rusty leggings before burners gets it fixed you can always zone your fishing character and back to zero out their fatigue which is what causes you to catch rusties. Doing so every 2 hours will eliminate most rusty catches, every 4 hours will cut them in least by half. And my characters always hit their daily cap in less then 8 hours so using the 4hour increments is only 1 zone per character.
frankshotdogs
Helpfull Botter

well i thought we posted to have problems fixed its a problem i need a fix not to mention that almost every stack im catching at the most 4 moat and the rest are you lost your catch(most of the time and yes i used the spybot software and yes it was full moon) or rusty subligars and rusty leggins i just finished gobby 6 so its not a big deal but it is a problem (post if you have problems not so you can get bitched at) i would much rather the bot just be able to catch more fish and not drop the item>,,< so bitch about me saying that is a problem to i come to expect it from the forums
Thyguy
Helpfull Botter

I leave it only because the worst I've ever seen is it in run away bot when I returned, which isn't a real problem. I usually get about 17-20 stacks of insect balls to ensure that it will run out of bait with-in six hours. Really don't have time to sit and watch it anymore with being at work from 9am-7pm everyday but Sunday, which goes to novel on this computer, while the bot fishing away on the other comp.

But other than it not dropping leggings, and one case of run away bot, this program is pretty awesome.

Although, all I've used it for is catching moat carp on my mules, which I was stunned to go to work with the fishing level 0, and return that night to find it at level 10! XD
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

:) Frank your either misunderstanding me or trying to put words in my mouth. Of course you should post any problems that you encounter with the bot and give detailed descriptions of the exact circumstance and what happened. I never said anything to the contrary and I was not trying to bitch at anyone. However once a problem is posted it is a known issue. Unless new information is being provided or new suggestions being made it is a waste of space to keep posting that something is still a problem. If there had been an update since it was a known issue it would be helpful to mention that the problem still exists but there hasn't been an update since the problem was mentioned. To fix problems information is needed and repeating the same info doesn't help. And in general any problem that applies to multiple people will be responded to in posts not personal messages. This allows multiple people to benefit and doesn't waste burners time PMing everyone when there is a update or fix.

In terms of your problem's getting the bot to perform Frank:

As mentioned before the majority of these problems are normally setting related.

You need the exact chat filters turned on that burners listed and none of the others turned on. So neither "all on" or "all off" will work.

Set window minimum size to zero and resize time to the fastest setting.

These and all the other settings are in the setup forum topic and in great detail there and repeated in many forum posts.

If you want more specific help to your problem post the specifics and ppl can narrow down the issue(i.e. skill lvl, where fishing, what fishing gear, rod, bait, FPV or TPV, HP bar behind light or dark background, FPS, comp specs, and any computer behaviors that seem abnormal or that may be causing lag)

And as far as fishing during the full moon: it is great for skilling up but your average lvl of fish bite is raised so if fishing for moats you will get alot more gold carp bites then normal during this moon phase. Unless your skill is 60+ this will definitely lower your catch rate because you're having more dificult fish fights. The same applies for new moon phase as well.
GL and have fun :blingsmile:
jon411
Helpfull Botter

well it use to drop everything and rarely ran away, now it barely drops and runs all the time so something is definitely wrong with it still since the last update. It's frustrating because i can't even leave it alone for a few hours like I did before and we all paid good money for this bot. And lets not get into semantics here, it doesn't fail to drop more then a 2 rusty, try 15 still kept in inventory.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

The running and dropping legging are still issues but I have seen no increase in the frequency of either and until they are fixed we do have work arrounds that at least allow it to function albeit at a less then optimal level. In terms o how many items are not dropped I can say it is not that bad because I am running it 24/7 in very poor conditions and I have not had more then coulod be dealt with. I have been running it for skilling up catching gold carp for most of the last week getting about a level a day. During this time I have been leaving it running with myself afk for 8-12 hours strait(after 2 you generally start getting more rusties) and I have only been getting about 14-16 non dropped rusties per 24hours. If you are fishing sackable fish and not carrying unneeded items then it shouldn't be a problem even if you're away at work. As far as running the work arround of using FPV almost always takes care of the problem(with some minor downtime).

Another trick that will help if dropping items is a problem for you is to use a lure instead of bait. Since the bot doesn't real in unless the stamina is zero and you do not lose lures for you lost your catch unless you reel in you will neve lose the lure. And it only takes up a single inventory slot.

I am not trying to say the bot works perfectly atm, it doesn't, but it is definitely in a working form and worth running. Particularly if you want you're fish skill to 100.
dragoth
NewB Botter

have reset reset and reset the settings... although this bot works great it is not dropping the rusty leggings but is sorting them into inventory. i usually get 6 of these a day fishing which is wasted space can someone have a look at this?

thanks again for a great bot that allows me other things to do

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”