Screen Freezing when fish is caught

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
jerseylemon

Hello, I just started using this and everything is working great except for one thing....when I catch a fish, my screen freezes and won't start going again unless I move my mouse curser around on the screen a little. Moving the curser around on the screen will get the frames moving again but otherwise I'm frozen.

Here is a brief fun down of the hardware/software on my pc in case it has anything to do with that:

-AMD Athlon XP 2500+
-GeForce 6600 GT 256mb graphics card
-1 gb of ram
-Windows 2000

Any suggestions on what the problem might be would be appreciated. :)
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

:( Is the enable hardware mouse cursor enabled in your ffxi config program? Not sure if that would do it but you might check and if not then go ahead and enable it. Otherwise the first thing i'd check is your drivers for updates for vid card or monitor. GL hope you get it workin soon. :)
burners
Site Admin

Could be a couple of things.

Stuff running in the background
Bad system ram
A virus
Spyware
Overheating computer

Stuff like that.
v1zdr1x
Botter on the rise

I'm having the same problem. I just ran a virus/spyware scan so I know that's not it. I also have Windows 2000 so I'm thinking that could be the problem. Either that or my RAM is faulty and I should buy a new one.

But isn't it strange that moving the mouse around would fix the problem?
jerseylemon

I've pretty much gotten used to sitting there moving my mouse around when I get a bite but it would be nice if I could figure out why it's still freezing ^^

I ran a virus/spyware scan, checked my settings and it still freezes everytime I get a bite. If I don't move the mouse around, eventually I'll just get disconnected.
v1zdr1x
Botter on the rise

What operating system are u using?
jerseylemon

I'm using Windows 2000 Professional, all my info is listed at the top in the first post.
v1zdr1x
Botter on the rise

oops :P

Thought u were a new user posting in this topci XD

Anyway I want to see if I get the same problem with Windows XP but i first have to wait till my cousin gets back from vacation (July 6ish) to get my cd from her. >.<

Until then I'm stumped.
v1zdr1x
Botter on the rise

I just got a copy of Windows XP to see if our OS was the problem but now the update has messed everything up! Got to wait till it's somehow fixed...
jerseylemon

Cool, let me know if yours stops freezing with XP. Thanks for checking it out. :)
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

If your problems with the bot started today then it's prolly just the update. after they did the most recent update the bot quit working. Burners will have a update up as soon as possible.
v1zdr1x
Botter on the rise

No this has been happening before the update...waiting till burner fixes the program to check if my hypothesis is correct.
v1zdr1x
Botter on the rise

I (finally) tried it on windows XP and it's working perfectly. I'm not perfectly sure if it's the OS so if getting a copy of Windows XP is a problem then i suggest you try reinstalling Windows 2K and see if that's it. [/i]
burners
Site Admin

Yeah the software doesnt play nice with Win2k.

I thought I posted XP only somewhere.
Zamphire

is there anyway u can write a win2k version? i have 2k on all my computers and i dont have 100 bucks to throw down for xp... so if you'd please be so kind

P.S. It also freezes when i try to reel in, so i'm sure it's Wink2k, not just your version.

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”