Fishing discovery!!!! To help update burners bot....I hope!!

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
mdflows
L33t Botter

Ok this is my first post. I have read through the posts on your forums and haven't seen this information yet so although I found it easily it should be helpful information! here it goes.....

I was having the same problem as everyone with this fishing bot. As soon as I hooked a fish the FPS would drop from around 30 to .8 and I would lose my catch. Now having this game windowed still, after exiting burners bot. I was able to catch the fish and the health was depleted immediately, all i had to do was cast and hit enter when done and repeat. The way i did this was downloading the old ffxi.dll files that i found on your forums and put the current ones in a folder for safe keeping. Now knowing this all we need is a botter that can do this so we don't have to be there for every cast.

I hope this is good useful information to make it easier for you to update your rogue fishing bot. And if this info sux! lol I am sorry I am a noob who thought he discovered something. 8)
burners
Site Admin

Im not sure I understand what your saying
So you got the bot working with the old dats ?
mdflows
L33t Botter

No I wasn't able to get the bot to actually work. I know pretty much nothing bout scripting and botting so it's hard to explain. I'll keep it simple cause it's the best I can do. I Hope it is clear enough for ya. Basically after changing the ffxi.dll and ffximain.dll to the one before the update and then using only the windower, I noticed that my FPS didn't change once I hooked a fish. Instead of the screan getting all choppy and FPS dropping dramatically, the fishes health would go down quickly without me needing to move back and forth and kill it myself. I think that if you could make a bot that would work with this since with these dll files there is no need to wrestle with the fish, should help out. Please let me know if you still don't understand because I really think I may be onto something.... ;p
ernielim0216
Intermediate Botter

Is this still working for you? How do you go about getting it to work a second time?
ernielim0216
Intermediate Botter

THIS IS REALLY WIERD BUT SO COOL. So I did what mdflows did and it works. hahaha

Its REALLY WIERD. After you close the burners application when you catch a fish the fish stamina just drops to 0 almost instantantaenously. It takes about like 1/2 a second or 1 second. For some reason the bot wouldn't reel the fish in so I just hit enter. exited the bot then and am just fishing this way. It would be so cool to fish this way on the ferry. going to try that next if I catch enough moat.
mdflows
L33t Botter

Still works for me! I only lose fish when it says you're pretty sure you're not skilled enough for this fish.... I am also only a 0.2 fisher lol with no gear. I have just been testing it out with the bot and without. I don't know how to script at all, though I have been reading up on it so I am going to keep at it. I am really just trying to let everyone know what I discovered so the peeps who actually know what the hell they are doing may have an easier time getting all us fishermen and soon to be fishermen a good bot to use.

Buners I hope this is helpful info and I will keep messing around with it to see if my limited knowledge in this area can come up with any other helpful info.

I also thought about using the provoke bot with this and just set the macros up for fishing but obviously didn't work. Maybe a more simpler bot like that one would do with a little configuration change.....
ernielim0216
Intermediate Botter

Every so often as well it just says "You lost your catch" dosen't even give me the opportunity to reel it in. This is like 2 seconds after you catch the fish. I wonder if this has anyhting to do with the dll as opposed to acutally bot running anywhere at all.
ernielim0216
Intermediate Botter

I'm seriously considering trying to revive the old bots that just click on enter when they catch something.
mdflows
L33t Botter

Please do! I think that an old bot might actually work....
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

lol This is so cool, take advantage of it before it gets nerfed/squashed. It definitely sn't a bot but it makes manual fishing so fast and easy. Not sure if the fact that it makes use of old .dll's would cause problems integrating it into a bot but it definitely is a godly tool for manualy fishing until its squashed. Still prefer to be able to run bot fishing while sleep and use up time o lvl/ whatnot though. Thanks for the great info Mdflows. :)
damienz

which ffxi.dll and ffximain.dll u download?can post a link to the files?
mdflows
L33t Botter

this should get you to the place that I downloaded the dll files from....

https://www.forum.ffxiscripting.com/viewtopic.php?t=664

i tried adding them as an attachment, but it said files with dll extensions not allowed!...
damienz

/em kneel respectfully to mdflows

Thanks alot.^^
mdflows
L33t Botter

wow thx!

I feel good to be so new and actually help out the community at the same time!

:grin:
mdflows
L33t Botter

Ok so far what I have noticed is that runninng this game in windowed mode; as I stated before helps with killing fish as long as you are using the old dll files found a couple posts above.

My question is should this affet the skill ups durring fishing.....

I have all gear on now and I just started fishing and I am fishing super fast! Fish are dieing without a fight and I can cast almost immediately but.........I have gone through 2 stacks of insect paste and no skill ups! not one............

Any idea why?.... ,)

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”