IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR PEOPLE LIVING ON THEIR OWN (long :/)

Feel free to talk about anything here.
jester

Okay. Long story short. The whole thing that happened before (if you dont' know don't worry) between the landlord of my apartment's son in law and me kinda put a bit of distance between each other to say the least.

Now. Recently I decided for the hell of it and since I nevers succumbed to peer pressure I'd buy myself a pack of cigarettes and smoke the pack and see if I liked smoking or not and what they did to people. Long story short it gets you high for about 2-4 minutes and then you feel like shat (well I do). I hapened to like the feeling of getting high and not breaking the law but there's a rule against smoking in my rental agreement.

I don't know how many cigs are in a pack but I'm down to 2 cigs left and decide I dont' even want to finish those I'm done with my little survey and would rather smoke reefer.

On a side note, my apartment has been messy for a couple weeks now like trash in it etc dishes not cleaned in a long ass time (rinsed off but not washed off with soap so they've got crud on em) etc...

Okay now this is where it gets interesting.

After taking a nap yesterday and waking up at 1am by a phone call from a friend and not being able to sleep + 2 caffeine pills, a book, a shower and a bath later to get cleaned up... I decide to clean the apartment and rid myself of those cigarettes... easily a couple hours worth of work since I plan on cleaning the floors myself with rags and stuff... when I realize my half used cigarette from when I woke up and the lighter is M.I.A... the lighter might be around here but I know EXACTLY where I placed the half used cigarette and it is straight up gone.

Now.. I had my music playing damn loud while I was reading and in the bath tub (closest thing I have to a jaccuzzi :/) and a while after I was reading in the bath tub I heard some stuff knock over I thought the vibrations might have done it... though... i thought it would have done that alot sooner..

So here I am getting a lil more awake turn from my jaccuzi bath reading session to claening up when I hear someone knocking but obviously I'm in thne middle of my shower I'm not going to rush out naked and wet to meet someone so I let it go figure if it's important they will come back later...

Okay.. so I"m thinking now that the guy cam einto my apartment and was snooping around as a POSSIBILITY ... that is either extremely paranoid and stupid or viable given the circumstances.

I did not touch the damn half used cig when I got out and it's not on the floor it's not here at all...

now I've never smoked inside the apartment and I do smoke on the patio but it's never when they've seen me and nobody knows I smoke but me and now you all and one other friend i talk to online who I talked about this with...

SO THIS BIG OLE STORY IS FOR THIS

If he came into my house was going through my shat, finds the half used cig... can they kick me out? I mean my rental agreement says no smoking and it doesn't say right out inside the apartment but is that usually how it goes? I never onced smoked inside... and the neighbor guy is the only person I could imagine coming to my door and it seems all this weird shit happening at once... usually coincidences aren't really coincidences.

Oh as a side note, one day I left all the doors unlocked and the sliding door open for fresh air into the apartment while I was gone and ended up being out for about 8 hours and I came back to the door that was open closed and locked.... meaning someone had to go onto my patio and actually lock my doors which could possibly mean going into my apartment without me being here... now I have no proof but it did happen I'm not crazy :E

So am I just being super paranoid or do you think that this might actually have some merit ?

Guys I dont' know what to think here. I know that I paid my rent on time and besides a messy apartment and the smoking on the patio there's no real reason for them to come chat with me.. especialy since we're not really speaking to each other much...

I don't know I just thought I'd see what other people had to say and I'm still a little freaked out.
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

Yeah man, that is a major possibility that youre land lord came int youre house for any reason. Now I am not that much racist, but is youre land lord or who you think went into youre house Asian? I ask this because I used to live in a town home, its like a condo I guess you could say if you dont know what that is, and my land lord lived right next door, and we always suspected her of going into our house because stuff would be in different places then where we left it, and locked doors would be open and such, and she was Asian.

And yeah man, I would say for you that if you smoked 18 cigarettes for just an 'experiment' you must have liked it otherwise you wouldnt have smoked that much. I have tried smoking cigarettes before, and yeah its true, it gives you that 'high' feeling for a couple minutes, if I were you I would get rid of cigs and never pick them up again, they are very addictive. Just imagine being so addicted to cigs that you would rather go smoke one then play FFXI. I often woder that if Cocain is addictive as they say it is, then I would be totally addicted because if >.< confusing, because if they are as addictive as FFXI then I would have a major problem.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

It is possible it could have been anybody that came in however....
Unless your door was unlocked and someone had a legitimate reason to come in then it would be trespassing and illegal. If it was the land lord then they are required by law to give notice before they apear to see the premesiss and in most locals that notice must be at least 24 hours in advance, even if the door is unlocked unless they have a compelling reason. Anything they found illegally would be inadmissable although it may require taking them to small claims court in order to force the issue. Besides which unless there is the balance of a lease involved then it is prolly not worth it since they can just decide to rent to someone else at any time and force you out as long as they give 30+ days notice(though it may require more time in some places). So if they tell you to leave and there is not a lease ballance/penalty involved I would amicably move at the end of the month or 30 days from when they ask. Most landlords, even the anal ones, will not give you a hard time if you agree to leave without a fuss in the time frame. That said I hope it doesn't come up cause moving is a pain in the ass. GL and don't let paranoia get to you, if it's a problem I'm sure you will know soon.
burners
Site Admin

Your agreement doesnt say you CANT BE A SMOKER, just says YOU CANT SMOKE in the APARTMENT right?

Well then, you smoked a halfey on your way in, put it out to save for when you went back out.

:))
MPK
Pro Botter

Burners wrote:Your agreement doesnt say you CANT BE A SMOKER, just says YOU CANT SMOKE in the APARTMENT right?

Well then, you smoked a halfey on your way in, put it out to save for when you went back out.

:))
Genius. There's your answer.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

one thing i have noticed... you guys are the greatest liars ever!!!
you kow all the lies for gms, and now im learning them for my everyday life... i can see a new section, how to lie about______ and people just filling in the blanks ><
jester

K Yeah and no not asian, white dude. real hick style kinda guy... all country and gun lover.

disclaimer: not sayin anything bad about country or guns, just he's stereotypical redneck etc.

and it still freaks me out all day and the cig never showed up so yeah :/
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

lmao just remembered something I forgot to ask. Do you or anyone who comes over have cats or dogs? Both often love to steal/smell/eat cigarettes. Don't know why but they often seem to love the nicotine even when they first come across it. Back when I used to smoke I was constantly having friends cats or dogs sniffing at and sometimes licking the fingers I held my smoke with. If by chance a cat or dog was arround then you may never find the remnants of that half cig you lost. ANyways GL and don't stress.
ccc726040
Advanced Botter

Okay, to start off, you have a situation with your living plans that just strikes me as a little more than odd. I mean, this is 2 times now that you think that someone has come into your apartment? Next, about the asian comment. I understand that you said you werent trying to be racist or anything but come on now. I think that perhaps it just happened that you has an asian involved out of randomness. Asians are not statisticly more prone to go through someones stuff with them being unawares. By the way, I'm asian. However, continuing with the racial profiling subject; The only time that I think it is appropriate to begin to guess ones ethnic background within a situation would be pertaining to AOL. Yes, AOL. If you ever subscribe to AOL for one reason or another, you will find that upon attempting to cancel the shitty service, you will ALWAYS be connected to a "middle eastern" individual that has a heavy accent. Apparently the idea is that "if you cant understand me, you'll get frustrated and hang up thus continuing your service with us." Okay, enough about that. Next would be the people entering your apartment and what to do about it. Question, how often do you leave your apartment? I personally don't have the need to go out much, especially during the hours that anyone is awake. Thus is was only natural that when the maintenance guy didn't even knock but simply unlocked my door and proceeded to enter the other afternoon, he was met by my friend Mr. Walther. His immediate reaction was hillarious though natural. It turns out that he was there to change the air filters and check the smoke detectors. Anyway, after offering to come back another time, I told him that it was okay to come in and do his work. So, I sat there for the few minutes that he took care of the stuff and then left. Then, i went back to sleep after re-locking the door. I don't really know why I went into that but the point is, buy a gun/learn how to use it. Wow, this is longer than I thought it would be...Uhh..have a good day guys.
jester

i don't know if you're talking to me azn guy, but i never said anything about asians, one of the other fellows did.
ccc726040
Advanced Botter

No no no...it was more of a joke. Occasionally I will here someone say something that could possibly be taken as offensive towards asians and I'll make a big deal about it only to laugh it off because even i thought it was funny. I dont even remember what I was thinking when i posted that but I wasn't serious. :)
Infamouskiller

it's ok asain guy
I still love you
ccc726040
Advanced Botter

An asian that is loved from a gaming/hacking website? That's incredible...It's the first time that I have been told that I am loved with no expectations...Everyone else wants one or more of the following: The craziest nastiest sex ever, some form of ethnic food, any orient based martial arts, cheap labor, or information on preperation and consumption of household pets/domestic animals. its a wonderful feeling... :DD
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

LMFAO

Return to “Lounge”