Low Latency Private WoW Server

Feel free to talk about anything here.
ccc726040
Advanced Botter

First off, thank you lost cuase. I wasn't specifically trying to advertise all the wow servers that are registered there but it does in fact help people by giving them variety should they choose to mess around a bit. As for all of you that can't create an account, I dont know why this is. As for actually connecting to the server after you have created an account, you will need to open your realmlist.wtf file that is in the WoW root directory and change it from blizzards server address to the new server address that you wish to connect to. In this case, it would be:

crazyworld.no-ip.org

From the link in the previous post you will find a toold called WoW-FE. This tool is really simple to understand and use and will auto set the server addresses to those that you specify.
ccc726040
Advanced Botter

And and before I forget, I do believe that the signup page only works with internet explorer.
MPK
Pro Botter

Aaaah, I use Firefox... lemme try it in IE a little later.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

but where can i get a dl for WOW, since i dont have to have a user id that comes with the box for a private server.
ccc726040
Advanced Botter

There are a few different torrent sites that you can get it from. A decent copy that I have seen floating around on different torrent sites is called something like "World_of_Warcraft_PC_Amazing" You will also need 4 blank dvds or a virtual drive app of some sort.
astokes

i am downloadingmine off of https://isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=Wor ... xt=&op=and

i am useing the first one on the page
Cooleko
Mod in Training

thanks stokes, im dling a torrent thing so i can dl from that site now
MPK
Pro Botter

Tried in IE, still a no-go. I type in name, password, and then hit "create account" and the process never goes any farther than that. :(
Cooleko
Mod in Training

okay, im getting an average of 10kb per second from the torrent, how do i increase this? also, mpk, if you want me to set up your character i can, i have helped a few others already
ccc726040
Advanced Botter

Are you sure that it isnt doing anything beyond that? i might look like it sint doing anything but under it you will see really small text telling you that it was created. It doesnt actually reload the page at all if I remember correctly. However, as for the server right now, I want you all to know that we are in a development stage right now. So, if any of you try to log in right now and there are issues, I assure you that our staff is working on resolving all issues right now. This is all due to the fact that this is a new server that is much different from all the others we have put out so far.
astokes

Cooleko wrote:okay, im getting an average of 10kb per second from the torrent, how do i increase this? also, mpk, if you want me to set up your character i can, i have helped a few others already
if you are useing BitComet, on the left side of the screen there is a tab called "Peers" click on that there will be a big list of people u are downloading off of. and u will see like ----- then more ips that people u can download off of. what u do is, the people u are downloading off of there is ips that are just sitting there doing nothing all u do is highlight them and ban them for like 24hr or 5mins then the ones below the ----- will move up

still may go slow but what i do is just keep it going then goto bed or work and just let it run all the time
jarcodian

Website seems to be down, but I'm interested. When you say xp is set at x7 does that include quest XP or killing mobs only?

Another thing, I sold my WoW account a very long time ago, so I dont have username or password to use to login, do I need an actual WoW username/password for this to work?
MPK
Pro Botter

I'll have to check again when I get back home.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

okay, after getting 4KB/s for a long time, i deleted the bittorrent and went to something called DC++

Then i logged into the purdue server, and dl'ed a copy of WOW in 21 minutes^^ that was great, i installed it, and then watched a really good startup vid. i exited, since i donot have an account with Blizzard. dl'ed WOW-FE, loaded it up, told it where to go, and it told me my version wasnt up to date with the private server ;; how do i get the updates without being an actual account holder?
Cooleko
Mod in Training

LOL, this is even better, i am really not supposed to study for the finals!!! i went ahead and logged in anyway, and was redirected to the update from blizzard!, 256mb in about 4-5 minutes, and now i am getting ready to see if it works!

Return to “Lounge”