Low Latency Private WoW Server

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

bahhh, even more updates... but i love the fast connection, ill be back with more details
Cooleko
Mod in Training

okay, i guess the getting it to update was a fluke. it wont connect to the server.. my realmlist says...

set realmlist crazyworld.no-ip.org

is this correct?
Cooleko
Mod in Training

okay, this server is down, because i get other servers to say they are up, but i think i updated my version too much ;; i went all the way to 1.8.4 or whatever, and the private servers stop at 1.8.2... is ther a way to go backwards in the update? i found the prepatch files for 1.8.0, but it skips from that to 1.8.4
ccc726040
Advanced Botter

You were on the right track by getting your update from blizzard however, you are going to need to downgrade it. You need to backup your wow.exe file somewhere and then delete it from the wow root directory. Then, you need to open the wowroot/data and then backup the patch.mpq file and then delete that too from the folder. Then, search around on www.download.com using the search title "World of Warcraft" and you will eventually find the 1.8.0 patch. Download that and then install and then you are ready to go. Everyone please note, the server that I am advertising now is having quite a few issues. So, be sure to try some of the others from wowstatus.net Also, I saw something posted from another guy on page 2 somewhere asking if he needed his wow account. No, you dont. basically you sign up with one of the provate servers and play off of their IP.
jarcodian

Well the website is down (crazyworld.no-ip.org) so I'd imagine that means the server is down too, makes sense...
astokes

how do u download stuff off of DC++ lol i cant get anything i see people with like 200gb of stuff and cant do anything
Omegaprime
Advanced Botter

i ried to downgrade like u said and it didnt work so i put al the old stuff i had back the way it was and i get this now when i try to start the game https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/ ... titled.jpg
Cooleko
Mod in Training

astokes, did you use DCgate to allow a connection? if you dont run DCgate before connecting, you wont be able to do much... im still new to the system, i got it installed two months ago, and havent touched it since, took a few hours to get it fully operational
ccc726040
Advanced Botter

The error that you are getting is saying the the exe and the files that you have are mismatched. As for how you got the error, I dont know. https://www.wowstatus.net/faq/?sid=38769 ... artlang=en
Or you could just resinstall but before you try to connect, immediately run the 1.8.0 patch.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

can someone post that WOW.exe (version 1.0.0) my CD's that i dled, have something called tomes one-four, but no wow.exe, so i would have to reinstall the entire thing somewhere else just to get it (the .exe)
Omegaprime
Advanced Botter

ok i uninstalled and then reinstalled wow how do i make it so it dont autoupdate with all the updates cuz it keeps trying to and its pissing me off and i did whut u said b4 i tried to connect i immediately ran the patch
ccc726040
Advanced Botter

After you run the patch and it updates to 1.8.0 you then need to connect to whatever private server you wish. However, if you try to connect to blizzards server, it will try to update you.
Omegaprime
Advanced Botter

im connecting to urs and its updating me i nvr tryed to connect to theirs
Cooleko
Mod in Training

i had that same problem, i think it tests for updates before you log into whatever server you are going to
ccc726040
Advanced Botter

I assure you that my server isn't updating you at all. But you know what, I have a solution. Go ahead. Update all the way to 1.8.4 then. I have a patch for your exe file that will allow all versions 1.8.0 - 1.8.4 to connect to my server. After you get up to 1.8.4 just replace your WoW.exe file with this one and you will be fine for my server.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Lounge”