Runway bot in circles Temp Fix

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
Mr. Anderson

Blackhalo wrote:Use first person view when fishing so when the character starts to circle , the character will circle on the spot instead of running around. Eventually (alt 1) /fish will be called and if you are facing the right direction as you are circling, it will start fishing again.

So it would be nice to find a spot where you can fish in multiple directions to increase the chances that you can actually fish when /fish is called.

Hope this helps.
Rabao, it would work there....actually, very well...
Hitman_Chris
Intermediate Botter

yea my guy runs around every now and then .. but thankfully im around when it starts to happen, so i normally catch it about 5 mins after
it start to happen.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

if you use first person view you don't run arround.
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

you dont technically "Run around" but if you are in first person view and it happens, you stay in one place and keep facing diff directions.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

yes until you are facing the water when it tries to fish at which point you stop spinning.
djdisturbed

Yes, I seem to have the same issue...I tried to do the first person view and it did start spinning but never stopped. I continued letting the bot run for at least five minutes and nothing. I followed the instructions for the filters and read all the threads on how to set it up. I tried in Y-grotto in the pool. This happens after about five minutes. What makes it do that? Does a delay factor in the proceedure cause this? I also found a weird problem that i can't explain. When i was fishing it would say you just caught an A...and any items that were armor related didn't show in the items list. After logging out and back in it went away.
Wazikanof
Intermediate Botter

I have had no troubles after setting my window style to that dark one with a silver trim. Number 4 or 5 I believe?
Bubba

Ok, i have tried the dark background, and that didn't stop the spining. I Have gone over and over and over the settings makeing sure they are all goood. I tried figuering around with The hardware curser in FFXI config, i really just don't no how to get this thing working. Please help me out guys :)

I watched the bot last night for about 1 hour, i noticed that when it started spining around it didn't catch very often, infact it didn't catch atoll...
I am soo gutted just want it to work:(

Thank's in advanced!
Last edited by Bubba on Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zamphire

i suggest trying out this Fishing Bot. It works great for me, it everyone else has givin me great feedback on it.
Bubba

Ok i have gave up with trying to get this thing working.

I am gonna keep reading the forum for any more ways that could stop the spinning but leaving the bot on just wastes bait and gil, which is defining the reason i got the bot in the first place

Thank you
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

Well other then that it sometimes spins I am not sure exactly what it is/isn't doing. The spining is a known issue with the current version but it still work fine for an afk bot since it continues fishing a little while after starting the spining as long as you keep the character in first person viewpoint. From your post I am not sure if you meant that it doesn't start fishing again ever or that it just didn't catch much once it was spining. I didn't check the first page stuff so I apologize if you answered some of this there. Also what is your catch rate before it starts spinning and what is it like after it starts spinning. It should be the same before and after(obviously not counting spinning time) and I assume by spinning you do not mean running in circles but actually mean turning arround on the same spot. The spinning issue will not be fixed until the fishbot is updated but otherwise it should work fine. I often still use it for farming moats on mules because I do not need to configure it or anything.

And as Zamp said the link to a fishbot in his post above does work fantastically and doesn't spin. Many of us are using it until the new burners fishbot comes out.
Bubba

The Bot works soo sweet untill it starts spining on the spot, It reals in fish really well, but when then spinning starts, it carries on fishing just the real in rate goes way down. So it works fine untill the spinning starts then it starts to really go down hill.

Thank you so much for your help.
Cooleko
Mod in Training

sounds like you didnt even try the other bot that was posted above, it really doesnt have any problems, makes burners fishing bot look sad, but once he updates..... Well, we all have seen burner's works XD
Bubba

I did Try go get the other bot working, but i am not to hot with Pc's and couldn't get it working, or figure it out.
lol tryed to avoid looking like a n00b :(

Thanks
Bubba

Ok, I ReCeNtLy gOt a nEw pC AnD ThE RuN ArOuNd pRoBlEm hAs sToPpEd. I HaVe a dIfFeRnT BrAnD ViDeO CaRd iN My nEw mAcHiNe, MaYb tHaT HaS SoMeThInG To dO WiTh tHe rUnArOuNd pRoBlEm? ThE BoT Is wOrKiNg fInE NoW AnD I MaNaGeD To pUlL In 16 StAcKs oVeR ThE PaSt dAy! bUt tHe oNlY PrObLeM NoW Is tHaT It's nOt dRoPpInG RuStY!

tHaNkS BuRnErSwArE FoR YoUr hElP ThE BoT Is aMaZiNg!

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”