HELP WITH MY PC PLZ

Feel free to talk about anything here.
P5ycho
Advanced Botter

hey i just got a new motherboard cuz my fatal1ty had problems (got an intel motherboard) but my graphics card doesnt seem to want to work with this mother board. some1 plz help i want to play oblivion
zonecode88

Need some specs dude. Preferably name of mobo manufacturer with model number, or intel chipset number. Also need to know specifically which video card you have before anyone can help. Also, what specifically is your problem? Do you get no video output to your monitor at all? Or does it just not work as well as it did?
P5ycho
Advanced Botter

i got a intel desktop D945GNT/D945GTP mobo and i plugged in a ATI Radeon X700. heres the prob: everytime i try to install the ATI drivers its says i get an INF error, and then later when i reboot i get a blue screen of death sayin it got stuck in a infinite loop and the only thing i took note of was the words sayin ati2dvag

hope that helps
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

have you tried both the package ati drivers and the current ones provideed by ati online? Sometimes one will work in a configuration and the other won't. And it is not always the newer one from ati that is compatible. one of my old vid cards I was never able to upgrade the driver(not that I really needed to) because the only drivers I ever found that worked were the packaged drivers. But sometimes it's the other way.
aflack
Helpfull Botter

are you sure its not a stability problem of the motherboard/ram/proccessor that is falling over when you install the gfx drivers.

try a free stress test program and memory check from in windows may be a good idea.
P5ycho
Advanced Botter

aflack wrote:are you sure its not a stability problem of the motherboard/ram/proccessor that is falling over when you install the gfx drivers.

try a free stress test program and memory check from in windows may be a good idea.
wtf does that mean sorry i kno nothing of comps
aflack
Helpfull Botter

After replaceing the motherboard you have introduced a whole range of possible problems to do with possible hardware issues. The graphics card drivers not installing may not be the actual problem as these should have been tested by the developers, so should work (guessing, but not alsways the case). i am saying this if you have installed windows fresh and tried more than once. By installing the gfx card drivers you are starting up additional hardware that may be making windows more unstable. This could be due to your memory not working correctly. (tested via memory tester (can download one) ) or the system could be unstable, common cause is power supply. (stress test program will test this (can download one)).

It is possibly worth testing the computer before you install the drivers as the system may be dodgy before you install the drivers. A common problem that i have seen a few times with upgrading the the power supply cant cope from an older machine when upgrading, this could cause this type of problem.

i hope my rambling helps a bit.
Andy
zonecode88

Whenever you change drivers or upgrade or whatever. uninstall the driver via control panel > add/remove programs. then you want to reboot. after rebooting you should clean out the driver from registry. I got this program called Driver Cleaner Pro (i think) from Guru3d.com. after that you want to reboot again. then you can install the new driver and be sure the old one is totally gone. reboot again (yea i know, kind of a pain in the ass). I'm not certain this will fix your problem, i just know that this method of installing the driver will rule out the driver installation being a cause of the problem (assuming your using the right drivers in the first place).
P5ycho
Advanced Botter

WARNING
intel mobos not compatible with ATI graphics cards

at least my radeon isnt with my mobo
zonecode88

hrmm. that sucks man. but while there may be some compatibility issues between ATI and Intel, I'm certain that its inaccurate to say that all ATI products are incompatible with all Intel products.
P5ycho
Advanced Botter

ya my bad but i still wont take my chances and buy a ATI graphix with an intel mobo

Return to “Lounge”