1500 Accounts Banned

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Zamphire

Aug. 30, 2006 04:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

About Action Taken Against Third-Party Tool Users

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been suspended or permanently terminated.

Based on the results of an investigation, over 1,400 PlayOnline accounts have been either suspended or terminated on Aug. 30, 2006 for the malicious and intentional use of these third-party tools.

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (real money trading) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

To ensure our customers could enjoy the game safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
Be careful guys. Looks like they are having fun banning people. That's 3500 accounts in under a month.
darkrift
Pro Botter

holy shit!!!..

well i havent used anything in a while... i think i did 1 POS move in the past month or so...

i hope im ok..

looks like ill find out when i get back home at the end of the day
Zamphire

https://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

At the left you'll see Friends List Plus, try logging in. If it lets you log in, you're not banned.
Kayden
NewB Botter

i got pwned >< 72hrs to think of new ways not to get caught
Chibi
Intermediate Botter

Can someone post the number for Playonline? I'm at work and i can't get to the web page.
Bob
Intermediate Botter

When did this happen? I checked my Account at 5am CNT today and i was able to re log nothing so did it happen after?
Hammy025
Site Admin

Whew!!! I just check and my guy's still fishin for me. Talk about lucky (or stupid :retarded: , take your pick). I was suspended within the last month for botting, still bot, was botting when the ban went down, and I'm still on. Not tryin to rub it in for you guys that got banned. I truly feel bad for you guys. I think I'll stop botting on my main account. :F
darkrift
Pro Botter

... i think they have ways to detect, that doesnt involve people reporting you... so dont think you can just POS around without worries if no ones sees you..

just my theory...

and i did check playonline plus...

IM GOLDEN YAY.. not banned or suspended
Hurricane
Advanced Botter

Hammy025 wrote:I think I'll stop botting on my main account. :F
That is what I am going to do.
scottmatt
Advanced Botter

darkrift wrote:... i think they have ways to detect, that doesnt involve people reporting you... so dont think you can just POS around without worries if no ones sees you..

just my theory...

and i did check playonline plus...

IM GOLDEN YAY.. not banned or suspended
I agree with your thought. My acct and my wife's acct got suspended, first time, only thing she used was POS and no one was in range when i did it and i logged out then zoned. For me it was a matter of time :E but that was odd that my wife's too since it was only one use of POS. Oh well only gotta wait till sept 3rd.
bluesky997
Advanced Botter

Very Very odd. Since I am in this forum, I don't have to lie about not using pos! Seriously, I did not use pos for at least three weeks and got ban for the first time :(

Hmmm I need to think what to say to the pol service guy....any idea?
tonynlo
Pro Botter

When I call I am just going to be really nice to them and just plea and maybe just maybe they will be able to help me out. After all I am sure they have heard every lie and remark in the book from the flooding of calls they are about to recieve.
buttmonkey
Helpfull Botter

it has nothing to do with POS or flee tool they have found a way to detect the windower in general. that was the tool they said they found me to be using. aparently the last update included a new program that enabled them to tell if you hit alt tab. but they won't even let me get my char back to trade my pop items to my LS I had gem of east south west north curtana and full kirin pop set along with winter spring and autom stones ..... my poor LS is gunna be pissed.
Diemos
Pro Botter

LM-17 is 72 hour ban.
LM-11 is perma ban.
darkrift
Pro Botter

buttmonkey wrote:it has nothing to do with POS or flee tool they have found a way to detect the windower in general. that was the tool they said they found me to be using. aparently the last update included a new program that enabled them to tell if you hit alt tab. but they won't even let me get my char back to trade my pop items to my LS I had gem of east south west north curtana and full kirin pop set along with winter spring and autom stones ..... my poor LS is gunna be pissed.
i honestly dont think they can detect windower ... even though people SAY thats all they use...

Return to “Lounge”