Percentage of People Disciplined by SE

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Hurricane
Advanced Botter

Square Enix has been massively banning and suspending accounts, however considering the number of servers, it seems Square Enix is only suspending about 40-50 accounts per server each time. In addition, it is only reasonable to assume that a sizeable portion of those accounts are from overseas, so I am curious about the percentage of third party users who have actually be disciplined for using third party software.

Although, this is not by any means scientific, it might shed some light on how well SE is actually monitoring third-party tools.
Last edited by Hurricane on Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spar13

I have got a perm ban a few times....
bluesky997
Advanced Botter

I got supspended once and am not looking forward to that anymore :E
Hurricane
Advanced Botter

This is just about what I expected. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_12.gif" alt="/:))" title="Smile 2" />
astokes

I got supspended, but it was with hacks not the bots.
t0xIc
Pro Botter

I got suspended for botting, but not in ban sweeps.
t0xIc
Pro Botter

Oh yea, they banned someone on my server for Dat swapping Ulli so the PH show a diff color..
Hammy025
Site Admin

Hmm...I wonder how they detected .dat swapping. I'm not very familiar with it, but from what I uderstand you're just replacing files. Maybe they do a FFXI file level check sum when they do version updates? I'm curious....
Hurricane
Advanced Botter

Hammy025 wrote:
t0xIc wrote:Oh yea, they banned someone on my server for Dat swapping Ulli so the PH show a diff color..
Hmm...I wonder how they detected .dat swapping. I'm not very familiar with it, but from what I uderstand you're just replacing files. Maybe they do a FFXI file level check sum when they do version updates? I'm curious....
[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_10.gif" alt="/drunk" title="Drunk" /> I am curious too! I never even considered that as a possibility for getting banned or caught for that matter. You would think a ton of people would be getting benned then, there are endless videos of people after dat swaps. That is lame.

By the way, if you are interested in the poll I reposted the poll on a new thread, since this technically no longer part of the FFXI forum.
t0xIc
Pro Botter

He was doing it to make it fair since Ulli is botted by RMT now.

He changed the .dat to make the PH a diff color.

He must've disclossed the info and they found him talking about it.

Return to “Lounge”