9 Gold Profit in 15 Minutes, Requires 200 Tailoring

World of Warcraft Guides
burners
Site Admin

I recall a thread from a few months back discussing the viability of large glowing shards utilizing player made products.

Well, I modified the strategy a bit, and over the course of the day fine tuned it. It requires

So, here we go.

The simple formula is Icy Cloak -> disenchant to Large Glowing Shard.

Icy Cloak: https://www.thottbot.com/?i=5035

The recipe for this is sold by the trade goods merchant in Southshore for the alliance, I do not know for the horde.

My costs were simple.

Frost Oil - 1 per 1gp - 1.3gp

Mageweave - 20 stack for 80 - 90sp

Thick Spider Silk - 2 for 80 sp

Thread - 4.25sp each

So, approximate costs were 1.3 + .70 + .8 + .085 = 2.9gp rounded up on the high end, 1 + .6 + .8 + .085 = 2.5gp on the low end.

The Large Glowing Shard sells on Deathwing for 4gp a pop. Or as an enchanter, you can enchant +3 1h striking for 5 using this.

For those individuals who like to do this on a self-sufficient basis, the Frost Oil formula is sold by a goblin on the north wall of where the Alterac Crushridge Elite ogres are. Also, if you don't have a herbalist, Khadgar's Whisker and Wintersbite are moderately affordable on Deathwing, dropping the production cost of frost oil down to about 70 sp. If you have a alchemist or an alchemist buddy, that's another 30-60sp of end item profit. Frost oil requires a 200 skill in alchemy.

Thick spider silk can be easily farmed by those 38+ in dustwallow marsh, in the Darkmist cave. They also drop decent vendor loot (3-5sp each) as well as Shadow Silk, which can be used in tailoring to produce 38+ Shadow Priest gear that sells moderately well.

In 15 mins saturday, I bought, tailored, disenchanted, and put 8 shards up on auction. Remember, shards have no value, hence the AH does not charge you a fee for putting them up for auction. I logged in the next day, all had been bought out at 4gp.

This is a simple method to constantly auction with no loss. It's a proven formula, at least in terms of large servers where enchanting is in moderate to high demand (refer back to the post on disenchanting Green Lenses).

Anyway, thought I'd put this up so others can utilize this. Thanks.

Return to “WOW Guides”