Upgrade or new computer?

Feel free to talk about anything here.
tonynlo
Pro Botter

So I have come to the conclusion that I need to upgrade my computer, or get a new one. I dont know too much about computers and am not sure if I can even afford the upgrade.

I can afford about $400-$450 max on an upgrade. I currently have a Pentium 4 2.53GHz and 1GB of RAM. My video card is ATI Radeon x1300. I only have an 80 gig hard drive hooked up. As far as the motherboard goes, I know the brand is VIA and that is all I know.

Can anybody point me in the right direction here? I was not hoping to spend an arm and a leg on my computer but I really need something better. I really want something that will be a simple project as well as affordable. I was more or less hoping to find some miracle deal on a Tower/motherboard/processor combo. Is there such a thing?
Spar13

I would just upgrade, burners is the guy to talk to for updates though, your setup is fine but you could upgrade a few things prolly
tonynlo
Pro Botter

What would you reccomend that I change? I thought about getting a better video card but the one I want is a PCI express card, which my motherboard doesnt have. If I was to install a new processor how would I be able to tell the capabilities of my motherboard, we well as what will fit in the slot?

Well the main reason I wanted to upgrade is that the last time I fought fafnir, I was directly under the wing (i think) but could not see the giant dragon that was right in front of me. I need something to help me get rid of gaming lag as much as possible.

Return to “Lounge”