Process Guard

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Ziyco
Pro Botter

is SE freaking serious about the Process stuff where they can see if i use windower??
Hammy025
Site Admin

There was a post recently that gave a detailed explanation of what you are asking about and where to find answers, but it has apparently been deleted. Bottom line was that SE had read forums on Allakhazam that people were being worried and confused about client side process monitoring (SE looking at what you are running). It was reported that SE came out with a public response to this stating that they do NOT do any client side monitoring. The statement had more information, but that was the most of it. I have not been able to find the statement from SE, but I believe that it is accurate.

Another point that was brought out in that thread (that I whole heartedly believe) is that if SE wanted to bust everyone using a windower (or other programs) there are 100 ways to do it other than reading the processes on your PC. 100 ways that would not affect their "honest" players' privacy and 100 ways that would not brush up against the edge of being legal. If SE were going to invest the time and resources into writing SW that would monitor the client, they could just as easily write code that would catch botters and hackers red handed from the server side and hire a few GM's to do nothing but ban people (programmers are paid a lot more than GM's, I promise). Think of it this way... any one of us that bots could probably catch 20 fish bots a day on any given server. Just think of what SE could do with their resources.
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

Yeah I really liked FFXI, but there are so many things wrong with the managment of the game, throughout the whole time I played the game almost 2 years, there were always bots camping the NMs, and fish bots, etc, and so I got fed up with not being able to 'make a living' in the game, so joined burners and starting botting and stuff myself. SE does have the resources to stop all the botters, or atleast discourage the noob hackers from trying, but they dont, and my guess as to why they dont, is because they dont care, they make a shitload of money off the game every month and have millions of people hooked that they can afford to not care, ive played free to play games with a lower botting/hacking rate then FFXI.

I hoped that vanguard would be a new FFXI for me, but my computer is too shitty to play it, and the game style is a little well..gay? my lil bro plays everquest 2, and vanguard looks to me, exactly the same just a different 'theme' or world, and if it werent for my lil bro complaining constantly about how hard it is to find a group in EQ2 I would probably play it, the graphics look pretty nice on high quality, but his server Kithikor, is like always a ghost town, and he tells me the people he plays with are all like 40 years old LOL!!, they always say they cant group with him because they have to go pick up their kids at school, or have to cook dinner for their wives, and he had this one 60 year old lady crafting him armors lol, I find that hillarious.

When SE comes out with that new game they are developing, forgot the name of it, its jap already, but ne ways, I would want to try it I think, SE makes really quality games, but since they are fat fuckers who like to count their money, they add in alot of shit to make you work hard to have fun.

Return to “Lounge”