NM spawn detector

Post anything FFXI releated in here.
Razar
NewB Botter

Hi, i'm looking for an apps that will act like: when i zone in a place, any area, it does a sort of widescan so i can know EVERY single mobs in the zone, and without doing a real widescan in a defined area, i could know if its worth the time to run to NM spawn point.

Just want to know if something like this exist. Kinda like ApBot,
i'm just not sure if ApBot does a scan of all the mob in the zone.
astokes

The thing about widescan is this... When you hit widescan, your client sends a request to the server for a Snapshot of the mob positions at that time. This is just a snapshot and does nto update, which is why the mobs do not move when you have widescan up. The only way to accomplish realtime widescan like you are asking would be to emmulate that server request on a fairly rapid scale. This is not practical and would most likely flag your account, so... unfortunately, it seems that things will probably end up staying the way they are. Sorry.

Apnea
Razar
NewB Botter

i dont really talk about a refresh widescan, i mean a widescan of the entire area. i dont care if the mob is claimed or not, when i zone in, i want to know if there's a NM. thats it.
Apnea
Intermediate Botter

What you are asking for is not possible. The only thing in your memory when you zone into an area is whatever is within 52 units of you. FFXI has memory allocated for every mob in the zone, but the mob info is empty until you are within sight range of it. (52 units). The only way to tell if an NM is up is to run to within 52 units of it and then it will pop into memory. If the nm is dead, it will show up in memory when you come within 52 units of the last place it died. The only other way to accomplish this is with widescan and well that is a server request and you probably will not see that in any apps anytime soon, plus I think that may be crossing over into the realm of illegal. (not entirely sure about that), but when dealing with what is inoyour memory, you are just dealing with information on your computer, which is yours, when you head into the realm of simulating server requests, well, you are now doing something with SE's servers and have left the realm of your computer. my 2 cents...
astokes

Apnea wrote:What you are asking for is not possible. The only thing in your memory when you zone into an area is whatever is within 52 units of you. FFXI has memory allocated for every mob in the zone, but the mob info is empty until you are within sight range of it. (52 units). The only way to tell if an NM is up is to run to within 52 units of it and then it will pop into memory. If the nm is dead, it will show up in memory when you come within 52 units of the last place it died. The only other way to accomplish this is with widescan and well that is a server request and you probably will not see that in any apps anytime soon, plus I think that may be crossing over into the realm of illegal. (not entirely sure about that), but when dealing with what is inoyour memory, you are just dealing with information on your computer, which is yours, when you head into the realm of simulating server requests, well, you are now doing something with SE's servers and have left the realm of your computer. my 2 cents...
like what Apnea said it can be done, And i am sure it has been done. But if you want to keep your account i would not try doing this. But here lately they have been getting people ban left and right for hacks.

Return to “FFXI General Chat”