8%
Convert burnersware into a 100% FREE FREE FREE Site
11%
I got some suggestions and I posted them below
4%

Total votes: 84
burners
Site Admin

Well I sent a mass pm asking for some help and didnt really get any response so im wondering..... Is ffxiscripting dead?

You decide
Last edited by burners on Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spar13

Fuck free, we are not dead; we are lacking in some parts though, I think we should offer a trial membership from posting hints, cheats, hacks that the ffxiscripting members decide, ill add on later and vote
Ascendance
Botter on the rise

Spar13 wrote:Fuck free, we are not dead; we are lacking in some parts though, I think we should offer a trial membership from posting hints, cheats, hacks that the ffxiscripting members decide, ill add on later and vote
i 2nd that
burners
Site Admin

sounds good, the eq section could use some work too.

I always have kinda offered that but just not officially, well its official now.

So how should we go about this? who wants to mod what content is posted and if its worth membership? Where should the content go?

I dont wanna just clone what xunleashed does on their forums cause thats messy and you cant find anything over there.

Any Ideas?
Spar13

I know you don't wanna be a clone but we need to do something that can get more people to give to the site in hope of reward. Also, I know the fourm has a few bugs, Ill help you start from scratch and install the mods and junk if needed.
burners
Site Admin

Spar13 wrote:I know you don't wanna be a clone but we need to do something that can get more people to give to the site in hope of reward. Also, I know the fourm has a few bugs, Ill help you start from scratch and install the mods and junk if needed.

If we start from scratch we will lose all the current member information and all of the current posts. Thats alot of stuff.

Right now this forum runs phpbb with catagories heirarchy and a custom modded install of the paypal IPN mod. Im the first and only person to get the paypal ipn mod working with cat heirarchy.

Although I have always been a loyal supporter of phpbb I am seeing some of the other boards make better advancements, like boards that automatically switch to html for google. My forums do it a little if you sign out and go into the forums you will see some pages go to html like this

https://forum.ffxiscripting.com/about5137.html

I cant even think of all the other mods I have,
being able to see the previous posts while posting
custom coded IP tracking
attachment mod which was a royal pain in the ass to get it working with cat and paypal

Those are just to name a few, the biggest problem is over time these forums have become completely custom. I dont know about starting over but Im sure we can figure out something
keedog79

Well I think you should keep the site i have been apart of it for a while, (a couple years) I come in and check every couple of days to see if anything new has come to the page and to see if i can help people with questions they might have. I really do think that something needs to be done about the lack of people and content maybe some revamping and offering some newer games. I really don't play any of the games in the forum anymore. I played FFXI for almost 3 years. I think thats long enough. But anyways maybe we should try to find some of the newer content. I love the site Viva la Burnersware!!
t0xIc
Pro Botter

I don't want to see it go for free, the simple fact that GM's troll BG, so if this site became free, why wouldn't they troll here too.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Totally agree w/ Toxic. Not only might GM's troll about more freely, but anyone else could as well. I don't want anyone and everyone downloading Iocaine, Mog's WS, or any of the other unique programs you have here. I'm in the process of writing a proggy now that I haven't seen anywhere else before. If Burners went free, there's no way I'd post it here. I'm sure it would get out to the public anyway, but not nearly as quickly as if Burners were a free for all. Granted, more content would be nice, or something else to bring in new discussion, but shouldn't be free. Just my opinion. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_11.gif" alt="/8)" title="Cool" />
t0xIc
Pro Botter

I'm more leary of players having our in-game names and using it against us.
Anger
Intermediate Botter

I know I don't really have much say so on this site and I don't make programs or do anything useful so my opinion might not count.

But I really don't think burners should go free at all. Like previous posts, I don't really like the idea of ppl seeing our names and I honestly find these programs worth paying for.

also like previously stated in someone else's post, I'm afraid of turning out like Xunleashed. That place is just so messy! I like how simple it is to search and browse these forums. Not so much clutter

So Please please please don't make this a free site

Just my 2 cents [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_03.gif" alt="/:D" title="Big Smile" />
Last edited by Anger on Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spar13

Burners Check PM
astokes

lets not let the site go free. It just needs to be updated to what people want today. because back in the day this site was everything. I think we can get it going like that again or even better. we just need to do some searching and find out whats the best thing we can do.
elventine
NewB Botter

No ffxiscripting is not dead by any means. i will admit i personally didnt respond to the PM, but that cuz i am clueless and just now today checked my inbox ><. i personally dont say much cuz well i am not a programer and so cant write code for the site. and definately needs to stay a pay site, this is the only pay site i have stayed up w/ since i started mmorpgs.
anyways you got a good thing here burners.
keep up the good work.
mdflows
L33t Botter

I think ffxiscripting is far from dead... I haven't played MMO's in a while but I still check in here to see what's up. I guess my only issue is that it's harder for me to sort through the new threads with this new style forum. I like the look better and the flash on the top is cool too. I guess I just got used to the boards before the change.

It used to be really easy to find out which hacks worked or not for FFXI and although that information can still be found it's not nearly as easy as it once was. Anyway I don't think burners is dead just gotta get some more word out there that there is a great site here. I'm sure the issue with playerauctions doesn't help traffic either.

Return to “Lounge”