I quit ^^

Feel free to talk about anything here.
Jinzoh
Programmer

mdflows wrote:lol I just spent about 5 hours today doing ZMs and now I can get to sky legit. I just realized how bored I am and how many hours are wasted on this game! I mean when it takes 5 hours if not more just for me to get somewhere legit that I was already going w/e I wanted!

It is all just a black hole of a game that is never supposed to end. I have a 75ninja rank 7 on ZM 12 lol and now have sky access. I have over 50mil in gear and not sure if I want to quit but I do want to check out a different server before I decide for sure that I am done with this game. I have done all the assault missions for ToAU, I am on PM 8-3 and already have uber gear.

What else to do with this account, I don't know? Anyway if anyone is interested in a trade or buy or w/e just respond. I think I will probably quit if I don't change servers.

FFXI is a good game but I was thinking about changing interests like maybe spending more time having a life o.O
ahmen man, i pretty much quit like a lil over a month ago. freaking spent like 20~ hours on ZM 4 because of a bunch of dumb shits and eventualy got kicked from my ls for leveling bst and not having sky.They said i could get back in if i got sky.So finaly just hacked sky and they wouldnt let me back in anyway lol. Sgthill = gay.

but hey, it's just a game and rl is far more important. i guese FFXI might be i dunno... ok? if ur in alaska // middle of nowhere but it's just a waste of time really. Still alright to play around with friends on there... for a while it was just my aim and i was the lazy ass rich dude who had infinate gil and had no leveled jobs// missions done. i thihnk my hl was 63 bst or so...
now that i quit feels good. been wake boarding, excercising, dating^^. totally, morpgs mess up your life. better off with like halo // HL2 ;p
Jinzoh
Programmer

If somebody wants to buy my account, give me a PM.
63 Bst, 37 Nin, 30 whm, 63 Thf
103 Leather, 60 cloth, 54 alch, 55 smithing, 46 goldsmithing

my bst was probaly the best Ballista 60 character on server. had 50+ 53 Str in balista 60 lol.
Pallas, Haubergeon +1, Victory Rings....

u know what is just sick..... i made about 30m+ in 1 hour, bought pallas, crafted haubergeon +1 and bought x2 Victory rings, x2 Meloddy Earrings +1, Emp and winged boots alll in one game day. I started thta game day with 2m and some craft materials... gg?
MPK
Pro Botter

server?
snake4027
L33t Botter

FFXI sucks and takes to much time. WoW is better IMO on a trail atm and its not as slow as FFXI skills lvl up really fast and you can solo in it :D
mdflows
L33t Botter

I devoted almost as much time into college as I did into FFXI over the last few month and I now have my masters! It is amazing what can be achieved in RL in the time it takes to get to level 75 and have all your ZMs and PMs done as well as the RZ missions! Then waht... sell your account for $300 +... lol that was the only thing that motivated me.

I knew that when I was done I could make a few hundred or more off my account. Well what is crazy is that probably equated to someone making $0.05 an hour! haha well anyway just wanted to post since I have'nt in a little!
P5ycho
Advanced Botter

man i hate this
i havent been able to play FF for like a month and all u guys r quittin

video games to me r a supreme luxury, so when i play them, i dun take em for granted
but i guess u guys see all this vice versa since u guys r already lvl 75 and cant do anything else in the game

i mean i have a life and everything (and its not FF) but dont just up and quit FF
specially if ur a cool guy like Flows or Infamous

i always log in to ffxiscripting and start readin these posts like : quittin FF
and i always go crazy when i read it
i guess thats because the highest i ever got was lvl 45 lol
well cya later then Flows u will be missed
P5ycho
Advanced Botter

o and congratulations on gettin ur masters
GL in RL
its much harder than any FF mission
Jelia
Pro Botter

mdflows tha is so faunny I also finishing my masters now last semester atm
and have three accounts with all lvl 75 and more pact with gear one even is a crafting account i just got, and I think i put more time in FF then collage man i could done 3 degree if FF didnt exist however I'm addicted and cant quit :<
wonder when SE will close the servers on us.
hopefully soon enough as I got to quit and go back to more RL matters.
(still GPA 3.7 with FF 150game days lol and MS Computer Engineering LOL)
snake4027
L33t Botter

FF sucks it is really bad compaired to other MMORPG, I now play WoW its x10 better than FF, takes up less space on PC, looks better, doesnt take a lot of time of your life up... ect also WoW is less addictive but still better :D lol. After quitting FF I really have improved in RL and feel better, Hmmmm could say FF is like smoking a slow killer lol
Siege101
Helpfull Botter

It's not hard to say im only going to play for a certain amount of time. Shit I've been playing since Beta and im still social/sexy /flex. Just limit yourself, don't abuse it.
mdflows
L33t Botter

Aside
Last edited by mdflows on Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mdflows
L33t Botter

Ok I will admit being deployed and not having much else to do but workout in my off time did help lol
keedog79

I have been done with FFXI for about 4 months also. I havnt even given another thought. My RL has also improved dramatically. I do play other MMO's though now. However nothing and I mean nothing consumed my time like FFXI. But that is what is different about asian MMORPG's grind..grind...grind. So now i play vanguard and WoW which when put in retrospect is very easy and less time consuming. I also am way happier in RL now. Kinda weird that everyone played this game for a recreational activity. Then it became required to get the next level, uber gear, and even best hack skill. :)
t0xIc
Pro Botter

I used to play full time, 8-12 hours a night after school, but now I log in just to do end-game and it makes the game fun still, but the RL wayy better than playing full time.

Return to “Lounge”