Xbox 360 Elite Vs. PS3

Xbox 360 Elite
44%
PS3
56%

Total votes: 9
Sevastien
Mod in Training

What is your feedback on these system and which one do u think is better ?
Zamphire

It's a matter of personal preference. I sell these for a living so let me see if I can help. What type of games do you like? name me some of your favs on any system
Sevastien
Mod in Training

RPG
Action
Adventure
Shooting
Zamphire

I'd so go PS3. The Xbox lacks BIG time in RPG, where as that's the PS3s strong point. The PS3 doesn't currently have the shooter base that Xbox has, but it does have Resistance, which is very good. There's some really good games comming to the ps3 soon too, Heavenly Sword for one.
Sevastien
Mod in Training

i bought the xbox360 overall i think it was the smarter choice performance over a bit better graphic and xbox live is bomb
Zamphire

It's the smarter choice now. Wait a year and see if you think the same though.
Sevastien
Mod in Training

id rather have a faster console then a console thats slower with just a bit better graphics
Zamphire

Actually the PS3 has twice as much processor power and three times as much vram as the 360... not to mention it's ability to natively true High Def movies and built in HDMI. Oh, and don't forget the Red Ring of Death. And also the fact that the PS3 can play all of the PS2 and PSX games, while the 360 can only play 300 original xbox games.

The Xbox 360 uses the triple-core IBM designed Xenon as its CPU. Each of the cores has two symmetric hardware threads (SMT), for a total of six hardware threads available to games. Each individual core also includes 32 KiB of L1 instruction cache and 32 KiB of L1 data cache. While graphics processing is handled by the ATI Xenos which has 10 MB of embedded eDRAM, its main memory pool is 512 MB in size. (Taken from Wikipedia.)

The PlayStation 3 uses the seven core IBM designed Cell microprocessor as its CPU. The processor, which is clocked at 3.2 GHz and containing seven out of eight operational SPEs, to allow Sony to increase the yield on the processor manufacture. Only six of the seven SPEs are accessible to developers as one is reserved by the OS. While graphics processing is handled by the NVIDIA RSX which can output resolutions up to 1080p, the PlayStation 3 has 256 MiB of main memory and 256 MiB of video memory for the RSX. (Take from Wikipedia.)

I personally own a 360 and love it, but if it's a choice between one or the other and I had the money for both, I'd probably go for the PS3, simply because the 360 is already half way through it's life span, while the ps3 is just starting.[/url]
Sevastien
Mod in Training

nah i dont think the 360 gonna die anytime soon im always was a play station fan but if they weren't greedy with the price i would have gone for it but i think in my opinion i made the right choice for me
Zamphire

You may indeed have.

How do you think they're greedy with the price? 1.) They dropped it $100 bucks. 2.) It's the cheapest standalone blue ray player available today 3.) It's the most hardware advanced gaming system available.

Let's look at the math:

Playstation 3
Price: $449.99
20gig hard drive
built in WiFi
built in high definition movie player
built in bluetooth
HDMI connection

Xbox 360
Premium Price w/ 20gig hard: $349.99
To get WiFi: $99.99
To get high definition movie player: $179.99
bluetooth and hdmi connecter not available on 360 (with the exception of the Elite that has HDMI)
Total = $629.97

How is Sony being stingy on the price?
Spar13

hold up new ps3 = 599
if we are going newest 360 then we should do newest ps3 (80gig)
just by changing that number I would go 360 because ps3 really does suck right now, was a waste of my money because I play my wii and 360 all the time and only dust off the ps3 when friends want to see it
no real games are out right now for it and there should not really be anything actually good for another year
Zamphire

I'll agree with you on the game front Spar, not much out right now.

I chose not to compare the newest models because of the difference in hard drive size, I went with the 20g model on both systems.

Return to “Lounge”