SquareEnix Sucks!

Feel free to talk about anything here.
DJ Elsdragon333

Official Link just so you know I'm not making it up.

Goodbye FFXI [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/PDT_33.gif" alt="/8(" title="Unhappy" />

Apr. 1, 2008 00:01 [EDT] From: PlayOnline
SQUARE ENIX Global Official Announcement (Apr. 1)

After much anticipation, SQUARE ENIX (https://www.square-enix.com/), is happy to announce the unveiling of its new MMORPG – RADIATA STORIES II. The new project, previously codenamed, Rapture, is set to launch this summer for Playstation3™, XBOX™, and Windows. Because of the nature of introducing a new massively multiplayer game, and the resources necessary to support such an endeavor, SQUARE ENIX is simultaneously announcing the termination of its current popular MMORPG, Final Fantasy XI. Since 2002 Final Fantasy XI has been a popular title for SQUARE ENIX, and it is with great sadness, mixed with great excitement, that we make this decision. Ultimately, we believe by choosing to support only one MMORPG, we will be able to focus our resources and provide the best in-game support and development for RADIATA STORIES II.

We thank you for your commitment to Final Fantasy XI, and hope to see you in the world of RADIATA STORIES II soon.

[Date & Time]
Apr. 1, 2008

[Details]
Effective June 31, 2008: Termination of all servers related to Final Fantasy XI.

[Cause]
RADIATA STORIES II.

© 2001 - 2008 NOBODY, LTD. No Rights Reserved. There are no designs and logos in which to reserve rights. If we were to reserve rights, they would be reserved to those who created the titles or logos. And maybe to someone else random – like Bill Gates – he seems to own a lot. Otherwise, this should all be take with a grain of salt, or, if you prefer, cum grano salis. Note that today is April 1, 2008. So, to all a Happy April Fools!
harryparris
NewB Botter

Read the fine print at the bottom man, Its an april fools joke.
Omegaprime
Advanced Botter

its an april fools joke? i just sold my account because of this
harryparris
NewB Botter

Wow that sucks, But yea it was an april fools joke. Wasnt even put out by SE.

Return to “Lounge”