Iocaine Server Outtages

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
Hammy025
Site Admin

The plan is to finish the work on the network tonight starting at about 11pm PST (in about 2 hours). It will most likely be down for several hours. Read the previous post on how to avoid not having access to Iocaine. I'll update when I'm taking down the server.

Edit: Going down in the next 15 minutes (11:30pm PDT).

Edit 2: Back up. Should be much more stable over all. I forgot to buy one piece of conduit, so there will be another outage sometime in the near future, but it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes or so. I'll post when it's coming up. Also, I've got a windows update going on atm, not sure if it will require a restart, but if the server's down again in the next few minutes, check back in a couple minutes.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Going down for a maintenance reboot, ~2 minutes.
Hammy025
Site Admin

I'm having some network issues. Things might be touch and go for a little while tonight. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Edit: All set.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Going down for a maintenance reboot.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Doing some reboots. Try back again in a couple of minutes if you can't access.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Going down for a maintenance reboot(s).
Hammy025
Site Admin

Maintenance reboot(s).
Hammy025
Site Admin

I'm running a scan on the server which is slowing it down. My network also seems to be super slow (my https://www.speedtest.net ping is like 500ms). Once the scan is done I'll reset all of my equipment to see if I can get it back to full speed. Hopefully it's not an AT&T problem...

Turns out my work laptop was backing up to the server while I'm VPN'd in from home which was blowing out all of my bandwidth. Hopefully it's working now. Let me know otherwise.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Maintenance reboot.

Edit: Back up.
Hammy025
Site Admin

I'm going to be moving the server again to speed things up, especially while backing up and purging the database. There will be a little down time this morning, probably half an hour or so. Then again once I get the hardware updated, most likely tomorrow. I'll post again before that happens. The first step will happen shortly, so please be patient.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Part 2 of the move is about to start. It shouldn't be down for more than about 30 minutes or so. I'll post again when it's back up.

Edit: Back up. One of the hard drives in the RAID is showing some SMART errors. So when Seagate sends me a replacement I'll have to bring the server back down for a little bit to replace the drive. Just a heads up.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Windows update reboot.
Hammy025
Site Admin

During the FFXI server maintenance period today, I will be swapping out a sick hard drive and regenerating the RAID. I'm hoping to get this all done before the servers come back online, but just be aware that if Iocaine isn't able to contact the Iocaine server after the update, I'm probably still working on this. I'll post more as it moves along or after it's complete.

Edit: Finally all done with the HD swaps, server moves, and VM Ware upgrades (finally actually shelled out the $250 for VMWare Workstation). We should be good to go for a while now.
Hammy025
Site Admin

I'm going to be doing some server maintenance over the next few days. I don't foresee needing to reboot the server, but I'm fairly sure that the performance will be far less than optimal. So if it's taking longer to start up Iocaine, or you get the occasional timeout error when starting it, this is probably why.

I am still working on reducing the database size so that we can keep tracking statistics. To do this I will continue to archive the statistics tables (which I have been doing for several days now), but I will also be needing to rebuild the table indexes which will degrade performance.

Short version, please be patient. And maybe try not to close Iocaine if you can help it.
Hammy025
Site Admin

I just got a call from PG&E saying that the power is out in my neighborhood and that they're working on it. My wife confirmed that our power is out. They said they are estimating restoration at 6:15 PST (2 hours and 15 minutes from now). Since I'm not at home it could be longer if the server doesn't come up when the power's restored. I'll post with any updates as I know more. PG&E and I apologize for the inconvenience. One of these days I'll get a battery backup system. :-)

Edit: Should be back up.

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”