Windower Not Working

Complete walkthrough on Installing and Configuring your Rogue Fisher software.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Unread post

Due to an update in Windows 10 (thank you Microsoft) our beloved Windower has had to push an update. At this time the update has somewhat broken Iocaine. Key injection only appears to work when your FFXI window is in focus. This will break anything that uses key injection which includes almost everything. The maps, alert, position, and WMS should still work.

I'll post more as I find out. Anyone else is more than welcome to post any updates/work-arounds as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Danecorin
Botter on the rise

Unread post

Iocaine bot has stopped working correctly for me after the windows 10 update. I have two computers so I fully updated one and rolled back the updates on the other. Iocaine is still not working correctly on both computers. Iocaine will cast and id the catch but will do one of two things. It will make one attempt to wear the catch down then just stop and time out or just not try and time out. The id is working as it shows what it has caught on the line. The crafting portion only gets to the crystal use and rapidly spams between yes and no. The helper for selling will get to targeting the npc but then just spam between buy and sell. Moving items from pouches will pop up an error saying unable to open. Iocaine did work briefly on the computer I rolled back but stopped after a few hours. Not much info on how it works but hopefully info on the behavior helps.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Unread post

It's Windower related. If your FFXI window is in focus it works, if not, you get the behavior you described. There's some info in it here:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50727 ... e-creators
Since they rolled out the "updated" hook to everyone, it breaks everyone, even if you're on Windows 7. There's suggestions on the thread as to how to work around it. I haven't tried any of them for lack of time.
Danecorin
Botter on the rise

Unread post

Yep, works as long as you start the bot then click back on windower to give it the focus. Thanks! Hopefully they get there issues figured out.
Hammy025
Site Admin

Unread post

Another member sent me this which works for me in Windows 7 Pro. No idea about other versions.

The problem is that Windower auto-updates your Hook.dll every time you launch and the current version breaks windowerhelper.dll. So you have to go back to the old version and prevent it from updating. If you have access to the previous version (before ~4/26/17), copy that into your current windower folder. Then open C:\windows\system32\drivers\env\hosts with notepad and add these lines at the bottom:
127.0.0.1 resources.windower.net
127.0.0.1 update.windower.net
Save it. When you launch Windower it should fail to udpate and overwrite your Hook.dll (or anything else). Once they've fixed the file you'll need to remove these lines to update again.
Juzaa
Botter on the rise

Unread post

I only tried the nav function, but it works now even when out of focus, so I'll presume everything works.

Forgot to mention, you have to use the dev hook to make sure its the latest up to date one (4.3.0.11 last I tried, its up to .14 now)
Hammy025
Site Admin

Unread post

Thank you for that. I'll give it a try when I get home.
Juzaa
Botter on the rise

Unread post

Well now that I have multiple windows open, the Nav doesnt work unless the screen has focus. I dont know if its because I have multiple windows open, or just because they broke what they originally had fixed.
atreyuk1d
NewB Botter

Unread post

Looks like it still doesn't work if the window is out of focus as of Windower 4.3.1.1.

:(
Hammy025
Site Admin

Unread post

Someone pointed me to this, but I'm out of town and haven't been able to try it. Please let us know if anyone is able to give it a shot.
https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/12994 ... (For-FFXI)

Return to “Help - Fishing Bot”