ok super noob question but I need to know for gardening

Post anything FFXI releated in here.
Kyoshinra
Pro Botter

How long in RL does ONE ele day in FFXI last? I need to know this so I can set my alarm to wake me up right when I can feed my plants closest to the Full moon as possible. Thank you for even reading this and youre comments and help. Take care.
evildr
!MAXIMUM RANK!

It is roughly 1 hour per game day however you can get exact to the minute listings of real time for elemental day and moon phase using this link:

https://www.pyogenes.com/ffxi/timer/v2.html

:grin: have fun!
Mindeater

1 second in RL = 25 seconds in Vana'diel

So, 1 hour in Vana'diel is 1/25 hours in RL (or precisely 2 minutes and 24 seconds)

Also there are 84 Vana'diel days between moon phases which is 3 days 8 hours 38 minutes 24 seconds.

I have noticed that when there is maintenance, if your plant does not seem to suffer for the "down time" of the server however your optimal days will be out of whack. For example, a 10 hour outage will mean that just over 10 Vana'diel days have passed. I am not 100% positive of this but I recall in the past when heavily into growing saplings into light ore, I missed my feed windows by many hours and yet I was OK. At other times if I missed by as large a margin, I lost my crops.

Return to “FFXI General Chat”